More obscure films worth a look: Betty Blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
This film is about a romance between a failed writer and a girl who has all the faith in the world in him, but none in herself. As the film progresses, her personality takes a slow slide into madness. It's unbelievably sad.

"I don't pretend to know what you want, but I offer love."

We just rented Hedwig and the Angry Inch which is a rock musical about a tranvestite, and the star/writer/director is John Cameron Mitchell, who is German, and is nominated for best actor by the Golden Globes. He was very good, and it was interesting. Not suprised it wasn't #1 at the box office, as its amazing it even got made into a movie. Now, was the guy who played Tommy Brad Pitt's brother? Have to do some net searching, as his last name was Pitt, and believe that Brad Pitt's brother is acting also. Forgot to add, the lead guitar player who is Hedwig's b/f is a woman.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 12-31-2001).]

I hadn't seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch when I first posted this thread in 2001. I now have and, while it's an excellent film, it bears no connection to Betty Blue.

Interesting.

U2live said:
Now, was the guy who played Tommy Brad Pitt's brother? Have to do some net searching, as his last name was Pitt, and believe that Brad Pitt's brother is acting also.

Hedwig was a great film. :)

The actor who played Tommy Gnosis - Michael Pitt - is not related to Brad Pitt. He was in a film last year with Sandra Bullock called Murder By Numbers

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom