More Billy Bragg fans here ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ore even heard of him, anyway he is on tour the fall and i will see him in Amsterdam on the 28th of September. If you are intrested in political lyrics and ranting singers, check him out.

Greetings from you milkman of human kindness,......:D

I don't own any of his CD's

but I have a picture of him here on my wall. I admire his work.
When he is in Australia, probably everywhere he goes, he turns up at construction sites and does free concerts for the workers. Thats is the photo i have of him. one man, a guitar , a half completed skyscraper for the backdrop...speaks books imho.

I like his distorted guitar sound, fits the message, I like his plaintive cockney accent., I admire his perserverence.
I went to an open mic night earlier this year. This guy got up ( the whispers went around...yes he'sa junkie) but my o my, his was the best performance of the night imho...Billy Bragg style.

Do you really think it's ranting Rono? I feel more like he is a voice in the wilderness. A story teller, with a story some people would rather not hear.
Enjoy the concert, tell him thanks and to keep up the good work.

Maybe not in this way,...:rant: but more in this way,...:yell: .

A Billy Bragg picture on your wall,.....you never stop to amaze me. :D

Last edited:
I've never had an excuse to use that smilie...can't say I'd even noticed him there:laugh: :heart:
So, as always with thsi place,perfect timing....
what was that Rono? Billy doesn't:rant: you sure he doesn't:rant: ?
well why not? cause so many people:rant:

sorry rono... just one of those days

and I should be:) I am awake at 4 am to video a new film clip from RAGE that I haven't seen before. An Australian musician I :heart: Archie Roach, has a new album and they are about to play his new song and film clip "Alien Invasion":up:

But that was fun,:rant: Thanks

Back to Billy Bragg ....

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
All I've listened to of his is the stuff he did with Wilco on Mermaid Avenue. But I do really like that album. :)

Same :) Good stuff :drool:

Back
Top Bottom