Monsoon Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2live

The Fly
this is really a charming, wonderful movie. It also has a bit of a twist at the end. She (Mira Nair) made Mississippi Masala with Denzel Washington, which is one of his best movies, and Kama Sutra, which is one of the best movies ever also. There's a real cute guy who lives in Australia and comes back to India for the wedding, and there's a sweet romance between the cute maid, named Alice, and the wedding planner. The bridegroom says to the bride, "what difference does it really make if we met in a bar or our parents introduced us." Which maybe parents would find us quality guys/girls. Ebert and Ropert raved about this movie also. It's well worth the $s.

I went to a premiere of another movie and heard advanced word on this one. It won at the Venice film festival, i believe, sounds good from everything ive read. I dont get to see as many movies as i'd like to these days though. My lame-o friends arent as into films as i am.

kyra1 and I have been talking about going to see this film for several weeks. (god, I love having friends with good taste!
biggrin.gif
) Perhaps we'll catch it this weekend at one of the art-house/indie theatres.

Why, Sula, thank you for your compliment! I have a confession...I already went to see the film. However, it was so good, I would go and see it again. I recommend it highly! One of my favorite moments was when the "wedding planner" (not as Americans would think of one!) was talking on his cell phone with peacocks calling in the background. I thought that was an excellent metaphor for the collison of the old and the new in India today. Most interesting.

Sula, can't wait for our video fest tonight!

kyra

Back
Top Bottom