Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I went ahead and spoiled the movie for myself and checked the imdb message board thread:

11 Ways Are You Scared ripped off Saw:

"Are You Scared?" was a piece of crap movie. As everyone has said, it is a total ripoff of saw.

Here arer all the places where Are you scared ripped off Saw

1) Saw people are kidnapped and forced to face life or death tests. In Are you scared, people are kidnapped and forced to face tests.

2) Saw: Jigsaw has low scary distorted voice.
Are you scared: Bad guy has low scary distorted voice

3) Saw: in Saw III Lynn has a collar around her neck which kills her
Are You scared: At the beginning of the movie, a girl is killed by a collar on her neck

4) Saw: there is a trap that requires a person to step on glass
Are you scared: the girl mentioned above had to walk on glass

5) Saw: in Saw III detective Kerry had to put her hand in acid to win the game
Are you scared: Girl mentioned in #3 and #4 had to put her face in acid to win her game

6) Saw: in saw II a character named Michael had to remove a key that was surgically implanted in his eye
Are you scared: a character named Jason had to remove a key that was surgically implanted in his chest

7) Detective Kerry from Saw is very similar to the female detective in Are you Scared.

8)Saw: when Adam realizes that they are being video recorded he says "What is this reality TV?"
Are you Scared: the killer tells them that they are on a reality tv show

9) the DVD cover of Are you scared looks alot like the poster for Saw III

10) Saw: there is a drill-chair trap
Are you scared: there is a drill chair trap

11) Saw: there is a multiple shotgun trap
Are you scared: there is a multiple shotgun trap

Total rip off

Yeah, I liked that there really wasn't any one song that was clearly meant to be the big, stand-out song. The consistency helped to bring it together as a quite cohesive album. And good point about the vocals - I do wonder how he'd work on another album, though.

I'd be interested in what you make of the first Blackfield album. When I'm certain somebody will like Blackfield (i.e. they're already a PT fan), I tell them to start there and then listen to II, since I think the first album is inferior. I wasn't sure if you'd take to it, though, so I figured going straight for II was best. The first album is one that I think requires a couple of listens to properly appreciate - it's a bit softer and more sombre in places. I know one guy who never bothered to listen to it more than once, and he just kept insulting Blackfield as making elevator music whenever they were mentioned.

I came in to that album expecting only to like No Children (I discovered it through the Adult Swim show, Moral Orel), but, like you said, it proved to be extremely consistent and coherent, which only underlined how great the lyrical concept was. I love that kind of thing.

Blackfield's debut got the superior reviews on RYM, so I was surprised that you recommended II first. Now I know why. :lol:

hahahahahah oh god. i love Are You Scared
It's the funniest biggest rip off of saw I'VE EVER EVEN SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

but, a few MORE reasons why it's a rip off of saw

1. They find the "tools" he uses with the "factory name" written on them in Are You Scared, just as they found the "Company" name on things in the saw movies as well.

And my ALL TIME FAVORITE haha oh god,

The Killer in "Are You Scared", well his name is TETRIS!!! hahaha oh god.
It's horrible.
Tetris/Jigsaw;
they're both puzzles. ahah
this movie HAD TO BE A JOKE.

This movie is like an unfunny parody flick.

FUCK ME WHY DIDN'T I APPLY FOR THAT GLOBAL WITNESS JOB THAT I WAS FUCKING ACTUALLY QUALIFIED FOR WHEN I HAD THE MOTHERFUCKING CHANCE

clf

Hey cin! :wave:

Are you coming to see the Crowdies next week?

Blackfield's debut got the superior reviews on RYM, so I was surprised that you recommended II first. Now I know why. :lol:

It seems to me that most serious fans prefer the debut. I can somewhat understand, but not entirely. Obviously, when II came out, I'd had the debut for a while and it had had time to really grow on me, and II initially seemed a bit inferior. Within the space of a few listens, though, I found II to be superior, and for a long time, I couldn't even listen to the first album, because it sounded so weak. I've discovered new things in it subsequently that pull me back, but I just find II more dynamic, engaging, and developed, and a little more diverse in its moods.

The debut does have the band's classic, Cloudy Now, though. Great track about Israel-Palestine. Originally a solo Geffen song in Hebrew; SW liked it enough to get it translated to English so that Blackfield could use it.

damn i just found an awesome job that i'm actually qualified for except the part about fluency in french

fuck me, just fucking fuck me.

What the fuck's happened, Vazza? I saw your earlier posts ...

Also, remember Chris Martian?

chrismartianxr8.gif

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom