Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing that comes to mind when I think of Rush:

Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Meet Jordan Schlansky, Part 1 (1/9/08) - Video - NBC.com

A clip from Conan early this year, during the writer's strike when they had to do a bunch of unscripted shows. Conan decided to chat with the associate producer, an odd man who likes Rush.

They talk about Rush during the last minute of the clip.

I'd watch, but downloading the album LM sent me is killing my bandwidth.

Now, the first thing that comes to mind for me when I think of Rush is Neil Peart hating everything. Especially his fans. Plebs.

See you later, PFan. :wave:

I'm still quite surprised that you never made a reference of some kind to your sig after seeing The Mountain Goats' band name.

You prick. I was waiting to actually start on the album before making that joke!

Barely a minute to go on the download now ...

Righto, Tallahassee is good to go. Are we going to make this into a soddin' listening party?

Oh, wait, the album has no tags at all. Grungy geese, Traviud.

Righto, Tallahassee is good to go. Are we going to make this into a soddin' listening party?

Oh, wait, the album has no tags at all. Grungy geese, Traviud.

I've already listened to the album once today, but it probably wouldn't kill me to listen again. :)

Eh, I just get the MP3s and burn them to disc, honestly.

I've already listened to the album once today, but it probably wouldn't kill me to listen again. :)

Eh, I just get the MP3s and burn them to disc, honestly.

Ah, right. Well, I'm set to go whenever. Ashley's got the album too, right?

Let's go.

:hitsplay:

Incidentally, I expect The House That Dripped Blood to be metal.

Let's go.

:hitsplay:

Incidentally, I expect The House That Dripped Blood to be metal.

OK, first off, you must know that the album has a lyrical concept thing going on, though it's too short to really elaborate on it much. It's about an alcoholic couple who moves to Tallahassee, FL in hopes that it'll fix their shitty marriage, and they spend the entire album tearing each other apart. The album reminds me of my own parents, honestly, minus the alcohol (although they did meet at an AA meeting, which I find morbidly humorous).

OK, first off, you must know that the album has a lyrical concept thing going on, though it's too short to really elaborate on it much. It's about an alcoholic couple who moves to Tallahassee, FL in hopes that it'll fix their shitty marriage, and they spend the entire album tearing each other apart. The album reminds me of my own parents, honestly, minus the alcohol (although they did meet at an AA meeting, which I find morbidly humorous).

Ah, righto. I get the impression I need to pay close attention to the lyrics.

God, an AA meeting? What circumstances.

My own parents met at a party, which has always baffled me because I cannot figure out how on earth their respective social circles overlapped for them to end up at the same party.

Ah, righto. I get the impression I need to pay close attention to the lyrics.

God, an AA meeting? What circumstances.

My own parents met at a party, which has always baffled me because I cannot figure out how on earth their respective social circles overlapped for them to end up at the same party.

It's well worth it if you do. Minus the 478352845874574853 similes, they're pretty damn brilliant.

My dad had an awful alcohol problem in his late 20s. No clue why my mom was there, she wasn't even into that, really. It's a horrible, horrible place to meet someone, and a terrible omen, but you do what you have to do, I suppose. Can't judge love, because it doesn't make any fucking sense to begin with. It's like that whole "subjectivity" thing they're always talking about in B&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom