Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I got 99 problems but the bitch ain't one."

Truly the words of a poet.

Hint: Not from a Porcupine Tree song.

I originally had Pulp Fiction down for my polyanna request, but that got nixed by my mother due to its reputation as being violent and her not wanting one of her siblings to have to buy it or something, so I'm going to have to get that on my own.

Liam here being a good example.

Probably half of them are castrated like Geddy Lee too.

Oh, come on Donny, they were threatening castration! Are we gonna split hairs here? Am I wrong?

There are about ten bazillion threads in B&C making Rush fans look very bad right now.

Not that Rush fans looked good in the first place.

Rush deserves to be mocked daily. I think 30 seconds of one of their 30 minute compositions is pretty good. Otherwise, it's the elven plum princess, Alex "I can play faster than the Edge" Lifeson, and Neil Peart shoving love songs to the lost art of playing faster than the speed of sound down your throat.

"I got 99 problems but the bitch ain't one."

Truly the words of a poet.

Hint: Not from a Porcupine Tree song.

Coldplay, right?

Chris Martin is hip. He wears clothing he made himself that makes him look like a homeless military veteran.

I originally had Pulp Fiction down for my polyanna request, but that got nixed by my mother due to its reputation as being violent and her not wanting one of her siblings to have to buy it or something, so I'm going to have to get that on my own.

It's awesome how everyone expects it to be some gorefest when there's really about 4 brutal scenes for 2 and a half hours. Took forever to get my mom to get it for me, too. Sin City, on the other hand, truly is worthy of the mom-restriction.

GoodFellas is okay to get, but Boogie Nights... no. NO! NOOOOOOOOO!

Got the download going, LM. Thanks. :up:

Coldplay, right?

Chris Martin is hip. He wears clothing he made himself that makes him look like a homeless military veteran.

Did you hear he's hotter than Bono? I'm surprised EYKIW hasn't rioted yet.

It's awesome how everyone expects it to be some gorefest when there's really about 4 brutal scenes for 2 and a half hours. Took forever to get my mom to get it for me, too. Sin City, on the other hand, truly is worthy of the mom-restriction.

I finally watched it, as you know, but it was one of the two movies my mother forbid me ever watching, ever. The other is The Exorcist. I don't actually think I told my mom I watched Pulp Fiction :uhoh: :baby:

Why are you buying it if it's that bad?

Coldplay, right?

Viva la Screwgasm.

My buddy and I have finally discovered that Coldplay is the music equivalent to that one friend you let hang around that you don't really like, but he does things (give rides, money, etc...) that keep him in good favors.

It makes too much sense.

You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole!

I'm finishing my coffee.

I finally watched it, as you know, but it was one of the two movies my mother forbid me ever watching, ever. The other is The Exorcist. I don't actually think I told my mom I watched Pulp Fiction :uhoh: :baby:

Why are you buying it if it's that bad?

The Exorcist scares the absolute shit out of me. I honestly cannot be in the same room if Regan's face is anywhere in there. No joke.

It's different to buy it by myself and put it on a Christmas list, you know? For shits and giggles.

Viva la Screwgasm.

My buddy and I have finally discovered that Coldplay is the music equivalent to that one friend you let hang around that you don't really like, but he does things (give rides, money, etc...) that keep him in good favors.

It makes too much sense.

I have a friend who is Coldplay, I just realized. Only he needs to do more favors. He's more like Coldplay after X&Y right now.

The Exorcist scares the absolute shit out of me. I honestly cannot be in the same room if Regan's face is anywhere in there. No joke.

It's different to buy it by myself and put it on a Christmas list, you know? For shits and giggles.

Still haven't watched it, but God, I've probably seen the entire thing in movie highlight reel stuff you know?

oh yeah, I get that. I usually do stuff like that.

I'm convinced that Duane Whitaker's scenes in Pulp Fiction would be infinitely more frightening to certain FYM regulars than The Exorcist.

There are about ten bazillion threads in B&C making Rush fans look very bad right now.

Not that Rush fans looked good in the first place.
First thing that comes to mind when I think of Rush:

Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Meet Jordan Schlansky, Part 1 (1/9/08) - Video - NBC.com

A clip from Conan early this year, during the writer's strike when they had to do a bunch of unscripted shows. Conan decided to chat with the associate producer, an odd man who likes Rush.

They talk about Rush during the last minute of the clip.

Still haven't watched it, but God, I've probably seen the entire thing in movie highlight reel stuff you know?

oh yeah, I get that. I usually do stuff like that.

Motherfucking AFI Lists love to surprise me with that shit.

One thing my mother does love though: Benjamin Button TV spots. That movie looks like it's going to rule everything.

Meh, I replaced it with Raiders of the Lost Ark, so that's always good.

I found this funny: I went to Wal-Mart two months ago and purchased Reservoir Dogs and Bull Durham for $10 total. My mother was OK with the former and not OK with the latter. I love conservatives.

Motherfucking AFI Lists love to surprise me with that shit.

One thing my mother does love though: Benjamin Button TV spots. That movie looks like it's going to rule everything.

I'm looking forward to that. I also want to see Australia before I go back to school. I hope that one is good.

Did you see that AFI ten top ten list?

I finally started watching Red Dawn last night. I've wanted to see that movie for a LONG time, but I fell asleep watching it. Very soon here though, I will be watching the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom