Moneymore, Wicklow, Ireland, Paul McGuinness' house...eh I mean Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I myself, prefer ATYCLB. It's value however, is mostly sentimental of some of the best years in my life. The only track I absolutely loathe is Wild Honey. The rest, I don't mind. Elevation, Stuck In A Moment and Beautiful Day can pretty much bite me on an average day, though.

Did you ever read my epinions review of ATYCLB? [/shameless plug]

http://www.epinions.com/review/musc_mu-389200/content_420771303044

It doesn't take a musician to find ATYCLB's flaws. I like the idea of the album more than the album itself, to be honest.

Did you ever read my epinions review of ATYCLB? [/shameless plug]

In the stillness of the evening, when the sun has had its day - All That You Can't Leave Behind [Limited] by U2 - Epinions.com

It doesn't take a musician to find ATYCLB's flaws. I like the idea of the album more than the album itself, to be honest.
I know, it's not a great album.
Like I said, it's value to me is mostly sentimental. It came out during some of the greatest times in my life and always serves me as a memory of better days. However lame that may sound.

My favourite musically speaking however, is The Unforgettable Fire.

I know, it's not a great album.
Like I said, it's value to me is mostly sentimental. It came out during some of the greatest times in my life and always serves me as a memory of better days. However lame that may sound.

My favourite musically speaking however, is The Unforgettable Fire.

And I feel exactly the same way about Bomb. :slant:

I could rant on and on about UF forever. I think that record was completely botched and the band got too full of themselves. The lyrics are great, but the music is often too pretentious and lacks the punch necessary to make the record memorable. They got it right for Joshua Tree.

I think TUF kicks the Joshua Tree's ass. The Unforgettable Fire is their 80s classic album, Achtung is their 90s and All That You Can't Leave Behind is their 00s (so far)

And I feel exactly the same way about Bomb. :slant:

I could rant on and on about UF forever. I think that record was completely botched and the band got too full of themselves. The lyrics are great, but the music is often too pretentious and lacks the punch necessary to make the record memorable. They got it right for Joshua Tree.

Hey, sentimental for the win! :up:

I have to agree with John here, I like TUF much better than JT. Mind you, I like them both, I just like the way TUF was done a lot better.

It's not that I hate UF, it's just that I think the band lacks an identity on it. Promenade, 4th Of July, and MLK sound like outtakes from a Brian Eno solo record, Wire and Indian Summer Sky sound like they were taken from the War sessions, and I'm not sure what to make of EPAA. The rest are classic U2, and even some of the ones I named are enjoyable enough.

I'm alright, thanks. Was quite tired after work so I took a nap.. better now.

Possible drunkposting tomorrow. Will have to see how I feel tomorrow.

How are you folks?

I'm hoping to get my drunk on tonight, if the rest of this bottle does the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom