MMA Thread pt 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if Conor has a credible loss he can say cutting to 145 is too taxing
He can go up to 155, start in the 10-15 ranked range and go on a run like he did at 145 :shrug:
Of course one should not look too far ahead, lesson one, in Ronda's next book,

It was a good night.

I enjoyed the results more than the fights themselves in most cases, but that Barboza/Ferguson fight was something else. It was also great to see team USA redeem itself so resoundingly. Without Conor there, the team Europe fighters looked lost.

It was a good night.

I enjoyed the results more than the fights themselves in most cases, but that Barboza/Ferguson fight was something else. It was also great to see team USA redeem itself so resoundingly. Without Conor there, the team Europe fighters looked lost.

Barboza fight pissed me off, but it was fun to watch.

Conor had zero impact on Team Europe, imo, and Artem had Kavanagh in his corner. No excuses for that performance.

Barboza fight pissed me off, but it was fun to watch.

Conor had zero impact on Team Europe, imo, and Artem had Kavanagh in his corner. No excuses for that performance.

I think Conor had a huge impact during the series
it was like every Europe / American match was 2 on 1
Conor was standing cageside yelling at the top of his lungs, using his mind games like he does when he is in the octagon himself
the fight he was was not there was a completely different experience

since I focused on it the last two nights
it will be interesting seeing the fighters move around a 30 foot octagon, that is 44 percent larger and 20 percent wider than what PVZ, Chad and Artem got for their beatdowns

Last edited:
i'm still waiting for at least one of these fights to fall apart last minute.

I have no idea when I'm going to be able to get out of work, but I'm really hoping for some miracle that allows me to see both Faber and Holloway without much trouble. Ideally, I don't want to miss any fight, but I don't think that's going to be possible.

If the Uriah fight is good/quickly finished, chances of them tacking it on at the end of the main card are pretty good. For people like me that leave the thing running after it's over while they're waiting for the press conference to start (cos yeah, I tend to watch those too)

If the Uriah fight is good/quickly finished, chances of them tacking it on at the end of the main card are pretty good. For people like me that leave the thing running after it's over while they're waiting for the press conference to start (cos yeah, I tend to watch those too)

Good to know. I'd planned on leaving at 4:00 my time in order to catch most of the FS1 prelim, but...not happening.

What kind of crazy world is this where Cort McGee is the first Fight Pass prelim?

I also really liked IPAs for a while, and while I don't dislike them now, I'm far more interested in Stouts atm.

I don't hate IPAs, but I need to be ready for them. I just started drinking a grapefruit beer I'd picked up, not realizing it was an IPA. I made several faces. I was hoping it would be similar to some of the really great European grapefruit beers. It was not.

Really happy to see Cort win after so long. He trains out of a gym in the city in Utah I lived in for the last 5 or 6 years I was in Utah.

I don't do stouts at all anymore. I actually don't really drink anymore, I probably won't actually buy any beer at all. Grapefruit beer sounds horrible.

I don't hate IPAs, but I need to be ready for them. I just started drinking a grapefruit beer I'd picked up, not realizing it was an IPA. I made several faces. I was hoping it would be similar to some of the really great European grapefruit beers. It was not.

Really happy to see Cort win after so long. He trains out of a gym in the city in Utah I lived in for the last 5 or 6 years I was in Utah.
The Pit Elevated, Orem

I don't do stouts at all anymore. I actually don't really drink anymore, I probably won't actually buy any beer at all. Grapefruit beer sounds horrible.

I had a health scare that got me nervous about drinking, not that I drink a lot, it's just that drinking at all is something that I'm more hesitant to do now, so I've kinda just been sticking to regular old pale ales that are just around at parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom