MMA Thread pt 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff. Paige is a lot tougher than I thought, Rose is bad ass like always. Good main event.

More fights tomorrow!!!

What the hell is Paige made of? Holy shit she can get out of anything.

Too bad she did virtually nothing offensively for four rounds.

What the hell is Paige made of? Holy shit she can get out of anything.

Too bad she did virtually nothing offensively for four rounds.

Whoever was doing color thinks she did pop out her elbow, getting out of one of the armbars. Based on what I saw, I think he's right.

waiting for post fight p c to start, to think this fight is a short notice for Rose, how this PVZ deserved a 5 round main event never made any sense to me
but I am so glad she got it, they would have never given Rose this break, now the PVZ hype show should die down. Let it rise again truly on her skill merits and not this perceived 'hotness' bullshit. Let WWE market shit that way.

Rose vs JJ gonna be awesome, cause that's basically a guarantee to happen.

I hope this is 2 - 3 fights away for her
she is patient and won't demand it.

Joanna should move up to 125, they really should get that division in place.
Valerie fighting at 115 is almost criminal, and Joanna would be better at 125, me thinks

Tim Means admits that massive fence grab was intentional
said he knew he would only get warned the first time :hmm:

Last edited:
Yup I totally fell asleep waiting for the main card to start. I woke up when Pfister was getting Fisted, and then went back to sleep. Catching up with it now. I was going to avoid spoilers, but I'm not good at avoiding spoilers.

Shit, maybe I'll watch this Russian efn stuff this morning.

SO MANY FITES GUYZ. CHAD MENDES AND FRANKIE EDGAR 2NITE GUYZ.

Last edited:
that stand up was pretty lame and northcutt really has nothing going on in his head, huh? mofo's fight, two different species. i'm pretty sure pfister was a swamp creature and northcutt was made in a toy factory.

that miller chiesa fight :up:

oh, i thought it was weird for me to add in after the fact. i actually gained some respect for pvz. i was with deep on thinking the extra reebok sponsorship was bullshit (still do think so) and obviously just on the merits that she looks pretty on their ads rather than anything to do with fighting. but she's obviously tough as hell and a crazy person. that first rnc did look pretty tight, although anik and stann apparently don't hvae rogan's obsession with talking about how slippery blood makes it when trying to sink in a choke, and having a bloody face looked like what allowed her to slip out. that 2nd armbar attempt was so much bendy. skill-wise, it's good that she lost because realistically, we could have been looking at her fighting for the title by this time next year-something she has no business doing (and now there's a legit example of why).

rose is awesome.

Last edited:
oh, i thought it was weird for me to add in after the fact. i actually gained some respect for pvz. i was with deep on thinking the extra reebok sponsorship was bullshit (still do think so) and obviously just on the merits that she looks pretty on their ads rather than anything to do with fighting. but she's obviously tough as hell and a crazy person. that first rnc did look pretty tight, although anik and stann apparently don't hvae rogan's obsession with talking about how slippery blood makes it when trying to sink in a choke, and having a bloody face looked like what allowed her to slip out. that 2nd armbar attempt was so much bendy. skill-wise, it's good that she lost because realistically, we could have been looking at her fighting for the title by this time next year-something she has no business doing (and now there's a legit example of why).

rose is awesome.

Echoing a lot of my sentiments. I mean, I liked her. I knew she was getting a lot of praise that was unearned because she's cute, but hell, she has so much heart.

I am also VERY glad she lost, in retrospect. Cause, yeah, they'd've thrown her to JJ way too soon and her career would basically have ended. Now she has time to build on this, learn what she is weak at and grow. She's SO young. There's a huge upside of potential to go with all that heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom