MMA Thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
Guest appearances by nsw, deep, and myself, of course.

Cos I needed a place to tell you guys how I didn't just drink the Chael Sonnen kook aid, I went for a swim in the entire punch bowl. And how Hendricks' (he who spells his name stupidly with only one n, I don't think I hate the guy, just the spelling of his name) punches are making me JT-levels of nervous for GSP come November. And how I have an irrational desire to see Rory MacDonald lose. And why I should care about Mir vs Overeem.

But mostly, I need you guys to brainwash me with your opinions on everything else related to this sport, since I'm a giant noob.

Or this can just sit here and collect dust. Whatever.

Nice avatar, by the way. Ultimate Fighter has been pretty good so far this season. Show is soooo much better than Bellator's Fight Master.

PPV fights this weekend, prelims are free on FS1 again. I think Jones will win pretty easily.

Check out this fight card on December 14th (it will be free on Fox), it's super stacked already:
UFC on FOX 9

kook aid. damn, i swear i had corrected that before i posted. twice. stupid phone.

i kinda think jones will wipe the floor with gustaffson.

Check out this fight card on December 14th (it will be free on Fox), it's super stacked already:
UFC on FOX 9

i like condit, so i want to see him kick brown's ass. but ya, that's kinda stacked. a lot of those fights sound good to me. must be stacked, i've heard of like every dude on that card and i've only been paying attention for what, a month?

Looks like the UFC is FINALLY doing things to make spending cash on PPV's a little more worth it. They have a bundle where you can buy all of the championship PPV's for the rest of the year, 4 events for the price of 3, from UFC.TV. Unfortunately that's the only place the deal exists, but it's still a move in the right direction.

UFC.TV - PPV Bundles

PPV has always seemed crazy expensive to me. maybe it's just because i'm a cheap bastard with no friends.

I hope Gustaffson beats Jones tonight... I pretty much always hope someone beats Jones since about his 5th or 6th fight. I wonder how many fans that guy has lost over the last few years

The impression I get from Teh Internetz is that it was at least a good fight?

I have to admit I kind of wouldn't mind seeing Jones hop around like a cocky asshole and then get knocked the fuck out like Silva. But that's just cos I think it's an absolutely hilarious way for a long-running champ to lose his belt.

It was a fantastic fight, probably the best light heavy weight title fight ever in regards to action. Both guys were attacking the entire fight. I'm not sure how I would have scored it. Gus definitely had rounds 1 and 2, Jones definitely had 4 and 5. 3 was really close. Both guys were taken immediately to the hospital after the fight.

I only caught the main event, but it was indeed awesome. I thought Jones had it 48-47, but it was close. There were a few rounds that seemed to be decided in the final minute. The judge that scored it 49-46 is on crack. I'd guess either Cecil Peeples or Adelaide Byrd.
Is it worth finding the rest of the card to watch?

The other fights I saw weren't all that amazing. Barao had a sweet kick, the really strangely won him KO of the night, but it was absolutely an early stoppage from the ref. I'm honestly shocked they gave him KO of the night when the dude wasn't out at all. The Schaub vs Mitrione fight was complete garbage.

I missed the first main card fight, and that was supposedly really good though (Healy vs. Khabib LongrussiannameIcan'tremember).

I watched that Healy / Khabib fight. It was pretty decent, the Russian guy is crazily good. I have the prelims on my DVR, haven't watched those yet.

I'm still shocked how good Gustavson was. I've never been remotely impressed by him previously, thought he was going to get annihilated going into this fight. He looked absolutely fantastic last night.

I wonder if that says more about Gustafsson or about Jones. Jones finally faces someone his size and takes a beating in the process. There was a funny moment in the fight where Jones tried to hold Gus' head to keep him out of range, but ate a bunch of shots for his efforts; that shit only works when the other guy is shorter than you.
None of that is to take anything away from Gustofsson though. The guy looked like a beast last night

Not sure if any of you watch Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour video podcast. Tomorrow is their 200th episode, and the lineup is pretty awesome:

GSP
Anderson Silva
Chael Sonnen
Chris Weidman
Urijah Faber
Connor McGreggor
Dan Hardy
etc.

1pm Eastern:

MMA Hour - MMA Fighting

Not sure if any of you watch Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour video podcast. Tomorrow is their 200th episode, and the lineup is pretty awesome:

GSP
Anderson Silva
Chael Sonnen
Chris Weidman
Urijah Faber
Connor McGreggor
Dan Hardy
etc.

1pm Eastern:

MMA Hour - MMA Fighting

Cool. If I'm awake (which in all honesty, I probably won't be), I'll check that out. Although I'm sure it will just be on YouTube by the time I'm conscious anyway. I've probably watched as many clips of him talking to fighters as I have of fighters actually...you know, fighting. Maybe that's why I've always lost interest in following professional sports after a couple years. I spend more time listening/watching to people talk about the sporting events than actually watching the sport...

LongrussiannameIcan'tremember).

I was going to make a smartass comment about that, something about how isn't he technically from Dagestan, but fuck. That guy's last name is crazy long and I can't actually remember it either.

dmgsb2n.jpg

Yeah I was asleep by noon, which is like if I was a normal person saying that I couldn't stay up past midnight. Needed something to listen to at work, anyway. Then I can try to figure out how to find jones vs gustaffson on teh internetz somewhere. Must find.

I sense there are a few muskets pointed in my direction at the moment. Or does that only count for music? Fight was totally worth that kind of e-wrath. That was pretty nuts.

Someone posted this on Reddit, I laughed.

CklUMmC.jpg

EDIT: Apparently he shut down his Twitter account after the exchange. Ha.

hahaha

And "ora"? Why don't people just do a simple dictionary look up before posting dumb shit?

I thought ora was a reference to Elmo's mouth on that shirt.

Didn't he take down his twitter the last time he went to jail?

I think I got a little bit dumber reading that, but yes, indeed funnier than it should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom