MMA Thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the bad mma fan in me that can't help but thing
antony70_360.jpg
is going to fight the dude who wears pink shorts.

Lolz, not sure why I've never made that connection.

Regardless, Anthony Johnson is pretty awesome. He used to fight at freaking welterweight in the UFC, and has beat extremely good competition at heavyweight and light heavyweight in the World Series of Fighting (including the former UFC heavyweight champ, Andre Arlovsky). I've always enjoyed watching him fight, it will be cool to see him in the UFC again.

That is cooler than "the green power ranger wants to fight the pro wrestling guy" story or some such weirdness. Must have been a slow news day or something on mma fighting.com...

Not sure if you're watching the "Canada vs. Australia" season of The Ultimate Fighter that's going on right now, but tonight's fight was pretty entertaining. Certainly one of the better TUF fights.

Looks like the JT and Mofo MMA Thread needs a part 2

People are going to punch and kick each other.

Repeatedly, in most cases.

So I'm at work and only know what I've read, but it sounds like Cormier actually hit Cummins rather than danced around.

So I'm at work and only know what I've read, but it sounds like Cormier actually hit Cummins rather than danced around.

Yes, unfortunately.

The fights were fairly entertaining. That "Wonderboy" Stephens guy is a blast to watch. The McDonald vs Maia fight was pretty great.

Something is sort of fucked up when I see this 8am my time for the fight pass card this weekend and think sweet, I can actually watch that when it's on rather than track it down after the fact.

gilbert melendez went to bellator.

I lied. Or things I read lied to me, and I chose to spread their lies.

Speaking of Fight Pass, I think it stops being free in the next few days. Not sure if it's after the event on Saturday or before.

saturday is the first, so i'd assume i'll be paying for it at that point. i will probably keep it for a little while once it's no longer free, but i'll probably ditch it like i did netflix when i realized i was only using it once or twice every 2-3 months.

Same here. I do plan on watching the first few seasons of Ultimate Fighter that I never saw though.

i probably stopped watching stuff on netflix mainly because i've been watching old fights on this thing when i would be watching tv instead. :hmm:

The Nevada State Athletic Commission makes TRT illegal, and suddenly Vitor is out of the title fight. Hmmm.

so fight pass is up and running on the ipad, i was doubting that happening before it went pay to use, but since it is, i'll definetly be keeping it for a while.

I'm done giving UFC / Dana White any extra money
I didn't take the bait, free Fight Pass with CC sign up was BS.

I'll watch free pre-lims online and on cable. Then watch the post fight show and get the high-lights and details of the main cards.

Looks like the JT and Mofo MMA Thread needs a part 2

Oh, I took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

But I've never bought a ppv (unless you count what I spent at the movies to see GSP vs Hendricks), dont imagine I ever will, nor do I have cable to watch the "free" fox fights. Add in the fact that those local time zone cards on the other side of the planet, the ones shown at like 8am or noon on fight pass, are actually on when I am home/awake (vs Saturday nights when I'm at work), it's the best deal outside illegal torrenting and sketchy streams that gets me the most stuff to watch.

Like I said before, I'll probably ditch it in a few months after I tire of watching old fights and exhaust any tuf I may be interested in seeing (as I'd never watched a minute of reality tv in any form til last week. And I watched s4 and 6, cos Matt Serra). But 10 bucks a month for a few months isn't going to break my bank account, nor is it really feeding that much into corporate greed. :shrug:

In addition to the Fight Pass card this afternoon, there's a Glory Kickboxing event on Spike tonight that CroCop is fighting in.

That picture thingie looks broken, or at least phone doesnt like it.

Can't watch the Glory thing (that whole being at work and not having cable), but I watched the fight pass thing. That Guillard/Johnson fight put me to sleep. Literally. I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the second round and woke up just before Gustaffson/Manuwa started.

In addition to the Fight Pass card this afternoon, there's a Glory Kickboxing event on Spike tonight that CroCop is fighting in.

I've been watching the Bellator stuff on Spike and I caught a Glory Kickboxing last night. Some good stuff/

I am watching the Glory 14 Zagreb right now. I did not want Ristie to win, I just don't like him. That was a good fight.

IWB, have you watched the Brazilian Ultimate Fighter on Fight Pass yet? I haven't, just wanted to hear how it is if you had.

I watched it on TV. It was good. Some good fights. And the fighters stories, some were quite tragic, right out of "City of God".

i watched it while i was at work, seemed like some standard fare. some decent fights chosing who gets in. thing that drove me nuts was, i'm not sure if it was the internet i was using at work or just the app sucking ass, but three or four times it would reset to the beginning of the episode but with still the same amount of time left in it. so i had to restart the video and scroll back up to where i'd left off a few times. but there have been a few old WEC fights i've watched on the ipad app that have done that too, it's annoying as hell.

Fight pass is being a bitch on the ipad. Was working just fine since it was available on mobile devices, but now videos all restart somewhere between 3-5 times, that is if they load at all. And they're skippy as all fucking hell. Yet it works fine on my desktop...but I'll cancel it if I can only watch things on a web browser. The computer is for video games, not for watching sports/tv/movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom