MMA Thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the last few fights to watch at home. Cost between $50 and $70 bucks. I am getting a little tired of Dana White's greed. This (free) pass sounds like bullshit. Once they have your card they expect to start taking the $10 bucks a month on a regular basis.

I am seeing little 'net' gain for the fans. Will we get to a point where it will cost extra money to watch The Ultimate Fighter series?

so...regarding those "free" fights on fox. i don't have cable, so i never watch any of that unless someone uploads them to youtube and i happen to find it before copyright laws make it go bye bye. presumably they're still putting some things on cable? and if so, i assume they're subject to blackout restrictions (like, well this particular fight in singapore will be available on the app since it's in singapore, at local time. but the next prime time event slated to be on fox sports thing on us soil is going to be blacked out since i'm holding the ipad in a country where it's available on cable)?

Are there apps for this as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

From what I understand, there will be in the near future, but I think Fight Pass is only available via an internet browser at the moment.

Eew. I thought I was going to be able to open the ufc.tv app and be able to check it out on there.

From what I understand, there will be in the near future, but I think Fight Pass is only available via an internet browser at the moment.

OK cool. My wife and I want to start watching UFC and we refuse to pay for cable so well look into this.

OK cool. My wife and I want to start watching UFC and we refuse to pay for cable so well look into this.

I was able to watch the entire card on the UFC app on my iPad today, so I guess I was wrong. I'm fairly sure I heard they'll be introducing an app specifically for Fight Pass though at the launch announcement, maybe I'm mistaken.

I was able to watch the entire card on the UFC app on my iPad today, so I guess I was wrong. I'm fairly sure I heard they'll be introducing an app specifically for Fight Pass though at the launch announcement, maybe I'm mistaken.

Nice! I may have to invest in the HDMI adapter now too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cool. I wasn't, but that had more to do with the fact that I was asleep than anything on the Ufc's end...

You can watch it now on demand, I believe. The main event was pretty sweet.

Then I will do that after I figure out how to make my door bell stop buzzing. The doorbell isn't going off or anything, the box is just buzzing like the transformer is vibrating or something. Since my knowledge of electronics doesn't really extend past fixing fluorescent lights, I have no idea what I'm doing.

That fight was pretty sweet. The rest of the card was like a tutorial on how not to throw elbows, though. Too bad everything else on this fight pass thing, as of now, has to be watched on an actual laptop. Fuck you, flash player.

By the way, my doorbell is still buzzing.

Pretty good free UFC card on Fox Sports 1 on Wednesday, lots of top 10 guys in their relative weight classes fighting.

Prelims weren't too bad, that second fight was pretty sweet anyway. Don't quite understand the purpose of fight pass commercials on fight pass, though. Presumably anyone who is watching, since they've 'subscribed' for at least now, already knows about that stuff.

I find that even though I think I made a comment (or agreed with a JT comment--where is he, anyway?) about wondering why I should give a shit about Mir vs Overeem was completely inaccurate. I would very much like to not be at work right now so I could be elsewhere watching that shit. I hope Mir wins.

Looks like the JT and Mofo MMA Thread needs a part 2

Anthony Johnson is back in the UFC, going to fight Phil Davis at light heavyweight. I'm psyched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom