MMA Thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the JT and Mofo MMA Thread needs a part 2

:lol: hey, if vitor fails too, does it cancel out like a double negative, and we can bring in wanderlei, have the three of them just fight it out all at once? Throw a shark, a rabid dog, and a chimp in there with them. Make it the circus that it is.

You bummed, IWB?

The shoutout to Anderson Silva in the announcement was cool.

not really. well, maybe a little. but not really too much. i haven't watched the actual video clip yet cos i've had important video game playing to do. i was bummed out that the fight with wanderlei wasn't happening, but the fact that cole miller won't be knocking mcgreggor down a few pegs in his home country is more of a bummer than chael retiring. oh well. i wasn't too psyched about the vitor fight, to be honest.

edit: yeah, silva shoutout was cool. i still don't really buy any of his "the rules confused me, i didn't understand them cos they keep changing them on me" excuses. it's not really much more convincing than "oh, i didn't realize it was a drug test cos all of a sudden i don't speak english." if anything, i'm not surprised at all. there were enough hints yesterday. it's a smart move, made by someone who isn't stupid and knows full well how to play politics. i'd be more surprised if somewhere in that giant head, he doesn't knows that even though it's almost the exact same line of reasoning wanderlei used to explain why he ran away from his own test (minus the part about languages). played off this way, on the surface, it still looks better. retiring with as close to an admission of guilt as the public is probably ever going to get on any subject from this guy, is always going to be viewed in a more positive light than a subtitled selfie video with corny metal music in the background.

One of the non-idiots I work with texted me to tell me he has found a hooters in Washington (he's on vacation) so he can watch Mighty Mouse. And who says that flyweights have no appeal with casual fans?

One of the non-idiots I work with texted me to tell me he has found a hooters in Washington (he's on vacation) so he can watch Mighty Mouse. And who says that flyweights have no appeal with casual fans?

I was visiting my parents this weekend and missed all these fights. :(

I didn't watch them either. But I did watch the Matt Brown Erick Silva fight that I didn't get to see when it happened last month. That was pretty kickass.

WSOF event tomorrow on NBC Sportz.

I sorta think Bellator is circling the drain. Old pres out, dude from Strikeforce in. Good idea, bring in the former president of another failed organization.

i'm looking more forward to WSOF 11 than 10, since it's on regular NBC, and i only have basic cable.

basically all i took away from that whole bellator thing was viacom said "look, bjiorn, we don't like your tournament thingie, and everyone seems to think you're a douche, so we're going to replace you." and then they said "hmmm, we don't really know who to replace him with, uh this guy used to do his job somewhere else that doesn't exist anymore...let's just get him. yeah, seems like a great idea."

Glory event tonight on Spike too, apparently.

If they're replacing Bjorn because everyone thinks he's a douche, their replacement is no improvement. :wink:

There's a chance I may get to watch that. I should probably find out which city I'm working in, though. There's a chance I may not be near the tv.

I don't know shit about coker other than he was the Strikeforce guy. I'm just saying, that was basically the gist of what I read. He could be the biggest douche of them all, for all I know.

the time zone on this new zealand card is seriously the best time for me to watch fights. my schedule is so fucked up.

I get the inordinate number of acdc walkout songs on this particular card, but there's just as much guns n roses as there is random hip hop and that baffles me.

Haha, I just watched a number of those fights and heard both ACDC and Guns and Roses even with skipping past parts I didn't want to watch.

Looking forward to the fights tonight.

The Palalei vs whoever fight put me to sleep, and I woke up as Marquardt was thanking Jesus Christ for teaching him the arm bar or something.

I heard he also tested positive for kitchen sink. And that it's actually Chael who's pregnant, not his wife.

So we've got a 2 title UFC event tomorrow, a WSoF event tomorrow, and the Ultimate Fighter finale event on Sunday? Nice.

I took off from work this week, and I plan on watching all of it. Well, at least WSOF and UFC 175. Not sure how I'm going to get to watch the tuf finale yet. But I plan on watching all of it. All of it!

Re: guillard vs cavalcante. How was that a tko? How was that a stoppage?

By "all of it" I suppose I'll probably miss half of the fights, or everything aired on fox sports 1. Stupid cable.

For like the first 30 seconds.

That Fitch Hallman fight was about as boring as I expected, although the only other thing I really knew about Hallman was that he lost to Jens Pulver like 15 years ago or something at 30 lbs lighter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom