MLB Thread menage a trois: The Stretch Run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've never pissed in a sink at a baseball game, but i did at a pearl jam concert, and at random house parties in college. but not at a baseball game.

well the mets might still be the favorites to win the NL, based only on the awfulness of the national league. but with what pedro did tonight... it would take a schilling-esque/bloody sock performance out of him to have a chance to win the world series... and they are certainly not as big a lock to get to the show as they would be if pedro was even average, let alone real pedro.

zoney! said:

Ask him if he has ever pissed in a sink! :D

Milwaukee AND Wisconsin! :drool:

Just to be clear, are we talking about pissing in an actual sink, or just pissing in one of those massive troughs that ballparks sometimes have instead of urinals?

the mets won over 90 games this season. Pedro has won less than 10% of those games. we've proven that we can win w/o him. obviously the teams we'll be playing in the post season will be s trong, but willie will get his players to step up.

<---Glass half full guy

and he's done such a great job of keeping them motivated since the clinching...

when a team like the '99 yankees stumbles to the finish, ya don't worry that much... they've all been there before.

when a team who hasn't stumbles, you wonder if they can just flip the switch and start it all up again.

but then again, we asked the same thing about the white sox after their shitty finish to the regular season last year. they turned out ok.

:shrug: who knows... i'm just a lot more nervous today than i was 2 weeks ago.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:shrug: who knows... i'm just a lot more nervous today than i was 2 weeks ago.

i tried to warn ya about pedro a couple weeks ago, but you just wouldnt listen. now that the cardinals are on fire ya better watch out :wink:

Listening to WFAN for the past few days has made me realize how paranoid/anxious some Met fans are. There was even one guy who called in saying that he wouldn't be happy if they won 20 games in a row to close the season because they would be due for a loss. Having not really listened to it before moving to CT, I'm curious to know why this is the case. I know Red Sox fans have "the sky is falling" mentality, but never realized that Met fans had similar feelings.

As a side note, WFAN is rather refreshing if for nothing else that Mike and the Mad Dog don't spend the show yelling and being assholes like they do on WEEI.

randhail said:
Listening to WFAN for the past few days has made me realize how paranoid/anxious some Met fans are. There was even one guy who called in saying that he wouldn't be happy if they won 20 games in a row to close the season because they would be due for a loss. Having not really listened to it before moving to CT, I'm curious to know why this is the case. I know Red Sox fans have "the sky is falling" mentality, but never realized that Met fans had similar feelings.

As a side note, WFAN is rather refreshing if for nothing else that Mike and the Mad Dog don't spend the show yelling and being assholes like they do on WEEI.

the woe is me met fan and the woe is me red sox fan are very much connected in that most of their woe is me feelings are directly connected to the success of the yankees.

and agreed... from top to bottom, no one does it better than WFAN. thus why they're the godfather of sports radio.

every sports fan within a 100 mile radius of new york city has a chris russo impersonation.

Yeah, the mets fans are usually nervous when the team has something on the line to play for. We're mad when they suck and petrified when they're winning. It's a vicious cycle.

Russo and the Francesa are good, but they tend to get on my nerves w/ the constant yelling....Especially Francesa.

I used to like 1050's Michael Kay, but he is so Yankee centric (for obvious reasons) that he'll never give my Mets their due.

speedracer said:

Just to be clear, are we talking about pissing in an actual sink, or just pissing in one of those massive troughs that ballparks sometimes have instead of urinals?

Pissing in an actual sink! :)

I am LOVING baseball of all types right now. I am off Monday. If there is a game somewhere...I am there (I am hoping for a single-game Dodgers/Phillies playoff).

yankees are winning the world series, i mean look at this lineup

Damon
Jeter
Abreu
ARod
Giambi
Sheffield
Matsui
Posada
Cano

thats freaking sick

Dalton said:

This coming from the big girl calling Cubs fans "ass clowns" - come now dear, I think we all know who is feeling bitter right now...

Um, I'm not bitter at all. The White Sox won the World Series last year. :shrug: The team played poorly this year and they didn't make the playoffs. I'm over it. Your assumption that I'm bitter is baseless. I've posted nothing here to make anyone think that I'm bitter about the White Sox this year. Being disappointed isn't the same as being bitter. Hell, I hope the Tigers win it all. It seems that the only person throwing around nasty/bitter remarks is yourself. Why don't you contribute to the baseball discussion every once in a while instead of just posting garbage to annoy people.

And it's so funny how you've never mentioned that you like the Tigers before. :hmm:

Every week it seems like a different team could win it - especially in the NL. I mean a month ago the Dodgers were the trendy pick to win it all, now they have to hang on just to get in. I also think that if Houston somehow sneeks in there that they will depart rather quickly, having spend everything in the 10 days, but they've made for great drama.

I haven't watched much baseball lately due to a bunch of reasons, but it I really wish I had the time to watch more. I'm even more interested to see what the Red Sox are going to do in the offseason. There were big changes this year and I think even bigger ones will be in store for this offseason.

not giving up, but also not being a blind homer, the cardinals arent very good

Back
Top Bottom