MLB Thread 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yolland

Forum Moderator
Since the old one isn't opening properly, I'm starting a new one until our tech folks can get to the old one. If possible we'll merge them later.

I think BoMac was saying something about the Expos. Originally it appeared that the thread was going to get contracted, but then it ended up relocated to here. This is the Washington Nationals of MLB threads, if you will.

I'm just dying to know what those last few posts in the other thread were.

I can confirm that the last post in the thread was me saying:

"What the hell is wrong with this thread?"

I was able to sneak in a post via another page. I figured if nobody responded to it, it wasn't only me experiencing difficulty with the thread. So I reported it.

I think BoMac was saying something about the Expos. Originally it appeared that the thread was going to get contracted, but then it ended up relocated to here. This is the Washington Nationals of MLB threads, if you will.

This made me laugh.

But then I cried.

Also, I can confirm that I had posted an article on Gary Carter, and stated how his death hit me harder than I had anticipated because all of the eulogies about him as an Expo reminded me how much I miss the team and what it meant to Montreal.

friday night the empire state building lit up for The Kid...

405785_10150697189120934_775510933_11452968_1257321357_n.jpg

stop breaking threads

this is why we can't have nice things

Yeah. We should probably just make a new thread, or get the mods to change this title.

Not just the 2011 thing...there's also no reason why the words "World Series" should be in this title. That was half a lifetime ago. And nobody gives a fuck about the St. Louis Cardinals.

Fair point, I was just cutting and pasting without thinking about the content on the assumption that this would be a temporary fix.

What do you want it to be called?

I would have gone for "The one where AJ Burnett goes to the Pirates", but MLB Thread 2012 will do.

I would have gone for "The one where AJ Burnett goes to the Pirates", but MLB Thread 2012 will do.

The sooner AJ is forgotten, the better. I wonder if the Yankees will send him a nice early Easter basket for allowing himself to be banished to Pittsburgh. :wink:

Fuck AJ Burnett. I listened to all the Yankees fans tell me he could not do well in the 09 World Series and he went out and threw a gem. He can fuck off.

Fuck AJ Burnett. I listened to all the Yankees fans tell me he could not do well in the 09 World Series and he went out and threw a gem. He can fuck off.

Yeah, too bad for Yankee fans that was 3 years ago. For the money he was being paid, he was awful the last 2 seasons. AJ was right about one thing though: There were too many people tinkering with his mechanics. Shit, it seems like all AJ might have needed was a nice warm hug and to be told that "everything was gonna be alright".

So Ryan Braun still hasn't been suspended for having Herpes yet. i wonder when they'll finally make the decision.

:)

This whole mess should have never been made public. Good for Braun. Baseball fans should applaud this and mlb should be embarrassed.

Watch your mouth, Gaffer. That reads like a Yelp review of Lance's Mom.

This is pretty historical. Glad the guy didn't have to get suspended. That would have really sucked for the Brew Crew. Braun better hope he doesn't fail another test.

PhilsFan said:
Since we don't know a lot of the details, this may be a bit premature.

Not premature at all. It's fact that the details should have never leaked.

Please. He got off on a technicality.

I would feel bad if he sincerely said he did not take the drugs. He didn't. He appealed the process, not the results. He was guilty and got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom