MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
yeah i think it's time to admit the white sox are for real this season, it would definitely be nice to see them in the world series out of the AL

How many games have they played against the Twins? (mind you, the Twins haven't faired well....but....answer the question first)?

five games

White Sox own the series 4-1....BUT, they haven't played since April 19. APRIL 19. It's July.

How many do they have left?

13 games

:D

There is a lot of time for the White Sox to perfomr like the traditional White Sox.

Last edited:
zoney! said:

How many games have they played against the Twins? (mind you, the Twins haven't faired well....but....answer the question first)?

five games

White Sox own the series 4-1....BUT, they haven't played since April 19. APRIL 19. It's July.

How many do they have left?

13 games

:D

There is a lot of time for the White Sox to perfomr like the traditional White Sox.

the whitesox have only gotten better since they last played

I'm Ready said:
the whitesox have only gotten better since they last played

How?

Who have they beaten and What are their records?

White Sox fans complain about Cubs fans, but are far MORE delusional! (meaning, at least the Cubs fans KNOW that defeat is eminent).

TheFly84138 said:
There's only one MLB team that matters right now, the defending world champion Red Sox.

and Red Sox fans wonder why people think they are annoying

well this is a perfect example of why

zonelistener said:
White Sox fans complain about Cubs fans, but are far MORE delusional! (meaning, at least the Cubs fans KNOW that defeat is eminent).

What Cubs fans do you talk to? I keep hearing all about how "awesome" the Cub, excuse me "Cubbies" (PUKE!!!) will be when they get "Woody and Prior" back.

I think there is an equal amount of delusion going around.

Would it kill you Zoney to admit that the Sox are a good team? :wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:

What Cubs fans do you talk to? I keep hearing all about how "awesome" the Cub, excuse me "Cubbies" (PUKE!!!) will be when they get "Woody and Prior" back.

I think there is an equal amount of delusion going around.

wha they dont realize is they will never both be back for long

Wood goes down with should stiffness again tonight...

Last edited:
you must be talking to the "new" bandwagon Cub fans, WHA.

I will give Sox credit for a good season under these circumstances:

They make it to the playoffs by winning the division (and by more than five games...it can't be a "whoa, we just squeezed by the Twins), AND they do not end their season by getting swept by a team in the American League. SO, if they get to the World Series and get swept...I will still call them a good team.

MARK MY WORDS! :D

I fully expect WHA, Chizip or someone else to make me eat my words if the Sox accomplish the tasks above!

Last edited:
I LOVE The Heckler...what other team canboast about a publication like this?

comiskeytire1-05-05-20.426.jpg

Sox fans celebrate team's hot start with good ol' fashioned tire fire
The Daily Heckle, Friday, May 20, 2005

The party began around midnight last Friday, when a large group of White Sox fans gathered at 51st and Western to light a gigantic pile of tires in celebration of their team's hot start.

"Goodyear radials burn pretty good, but to really get that blaze going we brought in all those Michelin whitewalls I got wholesale at the Ford City Sears," said Bridgeport resident Dennis Syzmanski. "I just hope the Sox keep it going. This could be one fun, hot summer on the South Side. Burn it down! Burn it down!"

According to longtime Sox fan Crystal Lagosi, this is the most fun she’s had since “Disco Demolition Night, when throngs of riotous Sox fans stormed the field at old Comiskey Park.

"We were just tearing up the place," said Lagosi. "I had sex on the pitcher's mound that night. This is pretty good, too, though. I just love the smell of burnt rubber in the evening. It’s so romantic."

As the night progressed, Sox fans tossed on additional kindling in the form of couches, white tank tops and Chicago Cubs apparel. There were also periodic chants of "Cubs Suck" and "Camaros Rock."

The chaos continued until the wee hours of the morning, but started to die down when Chicago mayor and Bridgeport native Richard M. Daley appeared. The famous politician addressed the crowd in hopes of ending the insurrection.

"You guys need to stop doing all this stuff," said Daley. "You're a disgrace to my proud neighborhood and the proud city of big shoulders."

zonelistener said:
you must be talking to the "new" bandwagon Cub fans, WHA.

I will give Sox credit for a good season under these circumstances:

They make it to the playoffs by winning the division (and by more than five games...it can't be a "whoa, we just squeezed by the Twins), AND they do not end their season by getting swept by a team in the American League. SO, if they get to the World Series and get swept...I will still call them a good team.

MARK MY WORDS! :D

I fully expect WHA, Chizip or someone else to make me eat my words if the Sox accomplish the tasks above!

so if they win the division by 4 games and then go on to win the WS you will still not give them credit for a good season?

WildHoneyAlways said:
Yes, yes, go ahead and have a laugh at the expense of me and my southside peeps. We are a hearty lot and can take it. :sexywink:

:hug:

But you don't live on the southside...

You don't drive a Camaro....

You do not have a mullet (I had to check this in the picture thread)....

You have someone cook your steaks...

You prefer Old Style to Bud Light....

:shifty:

i dont think the white sox are going to go to the world series, even if they do blow away the opposition in the regular season.

something about them im just not sold on.

i like the angels in the al right now to take it.

zonelistener said:

How?

Who have they beaten and What are their records?

hmm lets see here since the sox last palyed the twins they are 52-27 and the twins are 43-36

and the sox have played such tough teams like the orioles, angels, a's, rangers

They haven't played the Red Sox or Yankees (the current hot teams and one of two they would most likely have to get by to get to the WS).

And the records do no reflect "much better" than April 19. How have they "improved" since April 19?

Last edited:
zonelistener said:
They haven't played the Red Sox or Yankees (the current hot teams and one of two they would most likely have to get by to get to the WS).

And the records do no reflect "much better" than April 19. How have they "improved" since April 19?

it seems as if im talking to a twins fan here:wink:

if you want me to tell you they have improved since april 19th first look at their record, then look at the pitching(allthough things can only be based on expectations)

ok the yankees werent any good till they took 2 outta 3 from the yanks

we open up a 4 game set with boston tomorrow well see how that goes

but i guess the true test is the 10 or so more games with the twinkies left

Back
Top Bottom