MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
check out this link for standings according to expected wins

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/standings.php

the Nationals should be last in their division, yet they are in first, its craziness. Baseball is a long season though, and these anamolies have a way of working themselves out over time

(see the Reds of last year as proof)

Last edited:
Chizip said:
check out this link for standings according to expected wins

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/standings.php

the Nationals should be last in their Division, yet they are in First, its craziness. Baseball is a long season though, and these anamolies have a way of working themselves out over time

(see the Reds of last year as proof)

Maybe, but so far the Nationals has been quite impressive, given that they do not even have an owner!

i for one hope the nationals keep on winning. its a pretty good story and takes attention away from the yankmees.

but mostly i want them to make the playoffs because i think pretty much every other team in the division has a better chance in the playoffs and the nats would be the easiest playoff opponent.

Willis is getting lit up tonight, I think this for sure means Carpenter will start the ASG for the NL.

i can guarantee you LaRussa will start Carp

Carpenter will be going on full rest

Piazza is the starting catcher, Willis plus Piazza = free stolen bases, Carpenter hasn't allowed a stolen base since 2003. Plus it would be nice to have Willis work with his own catcher, LaDuca later in the game.

Carpenter has been the best pitcher in all of baseball for the past 6 weeks, in his last 6 starts he's given up only 2 freaking runs.

Carpenter is LaRussa's man

it's going to be Carpenter

its probably going to be carpenter

you cant go wrong with any of the choices really

carp has been amazing this year and especially in this stretch. i just hope he saves some for the playoffs :drool:

U2@NYC said:

Maybe, but so far the Nationals has been quite impressive, given that they do not even have an owner!

DC is loving the Nats....it's good they finally have a permanent home. The fans are really come out here to show support for the new team.

What I'm concerned with is if our own irate all-star, Kenneth Rogers, will make the trip.

He really ought not to.

If The Gambler opts not to go, Francona is going to take Clement, I hope.

not that it'll ever happen, but, from the st louis post dispatch

"Believe it or not, Houston's Roger Clemens has the Cardinals on a short list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to. "

oh i know itll never happen trust me on that.

and yes, houston has had a hell of a resurgance. again.

Have we discussed the fact that the All Star game counts for something? Did I miss this conversation? Is that why Chiz and stlE are so hyped for the National League to win? Dreams of home field advantage in the post season...for the Padres?

StlElevation said:
rolen is sitting it out to rest his shoulder

i think they might have brought him back too early.

yeah my big worry is that he really needs surgery and wont get it until the offseason, and that he won't ever really be "right" this year. he hasnt pulled a ball for power since he's been back

come on walt, get us another bat before the trade deadline

yes i agree, but i think he'll manage to recover, but it'll take awhile. he should have gone on a rehab assignment i think just to get his timing down again.

a bat would be nice one to platoon with walker as ive said before. i read that they were also interested in billy wagner- but im sure there are a lot of teams that would give up more to get him. im not sure how theyd use him either, but man, throw him in that pen to setup for izzy? :drool:

and we have a stick in the minors, rick ankiel. 9 dingers so far in class a. :wink:

did he hit that ball all the way to east lansing?

meanwhile, i could have done better than teixiera or bay :wink:

StlElevation said:

meanwhile, i could have done better than teixiera

:sad:

Give him a break. He's young. Plus he seems to be using all of them in the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom