MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
woody paige and his chalkboard could be right

wouldn't surprise me if the sox collapsed completly, but it is highly unlikely. the indians would have to catch some fire and the sux would have to continue to...well, suck.

sox don't have a good enough offense really. konerko IMO is their only real threat and he can be pitched around come playoff time (should they make it.) podsednik leads the team with a .285 BA and he's hurt.

I used to be in the white sox believing camp, but I can't say that I do anymore.

give the sox credit for staying tough through the first 120+ games so far...other 1st place teams have collapsed already(Nationals/Orioles)

randhail said:
From Sports Illustrated:

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez bought an eight-room apartment earlier this month at Trump Park Avenue for $7.5 million. The 5,000-square-foot apartment includes four bedrooms, six bathrooms and zero World Series rings.

:laugh:

2005 isn't over yet, yanks keep winning games late, chisox are folding, red sux will be next...I'd keep an eye on the Cali teams LAA & Oak

If the Yankees make it to October their lack of pitching will haunt them. The same can be said for the Red Sox. Schilling being Schilling when he returns to the rotation on thursday is critical to their success.

The Sox bullpen scares me too, they need Foulke to come back and be able to separate his changeup from his fastball. Either that or Craig Hansen needs to pull a K-rod and be lights out when he gets called up.

this years playoffs should be very interesting. every team has some weakness, it's wide open for anybody to win it all.

7V22tRx7.jpg

yea it's a lotta meat! :up:

Where were all these people talking truth about the White Sox earlier in the season when I was reminding everyone of their August/September woes?

:wink:

And the 1969 Cubs could not compete with a "miracle" - I mean, I cannot think of anyone who could compete against a "miracle" (the term actually takes away from some of the actual talent the "miracle" team had at the time...Seaver, Ryan, etc.)!

Last edited:
zoney! said:
Where were all these people talking truth about the White Sox earlier in the season when I was reminding everyone of their August/September woes?

And the 1969 Cubs could not compete with a "miracle" - I mean, I cannot think of anyone who could compete against a "miracle" (the term actually takes away from some of the actual talent the "miracle" team had at the time...Seaver, Ryan, etc.)!

hmmm:looks at score of sox game:

i think everything is just because the offense is slumping

but tonight they've done some things they didnt show in the win on sunday

bunts and singles

and with scotty coming back healthy soon i think theyll be fine

i also think the indians dont have a chance to be in the playoffs till next year, i say this because they're a young team and theyll have plenty of ups and downs so it will all even out in a bit(while the sox had a 120 game up before their recent slump)

actually got his autograph last year when he was doing autograph signings in a Brooklyn Sports Memorabilia store w/ Darryl Strawberry. They were cool.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
all of a sudden the mets can score runs... how about we stop scoring 32 runs in two games against the devil rays and start saving some of them for when pedro pitches a no hitter into the 8th :grumpy:
When did the Devil Rays move to AZ??:wink:

david_wright_2.jpg

how good is david wright gonna be? 5th in the NL in batting average, on pace to drive in 100 RBIs and score 100 runs... putting up these numbers despite spending the entire first half of the season batting out of the 7 slot... not a great defensive player yet, but will probably end up #1 and #2 in this year's top webgems on baseball tonight... and he's only 22

the sky is the limit for the left side of the mets infield...

and before we start looking at the future... 3 wins in a row with pedro pitching tonight... wild card, here we come

Last edited:
do any of the met fans here know how Pedro's arm is holding up? Yesterday on boston sports radio there was some talk about the mets being quietly concerned about Pedro's velocity drop off from this same last year. I haven't heard much but am curious.

I watched the mets game last night. It felt like something good was going to happen every at bat. The amazing thing is they have done this without Piazza, and Floyd and Beltran have not hit in this series.

Anyone see that they scored two runs on a double play last night.....AMAZIN"

Oh by the way numb, I thought we were gonna play first and second.......Ive been called up where are you?:wink: . I mean its easy, I got a curtain call in my first AB.

randhail said:
do any of the met fans here know how Pedro's arm is holding up? Yesterday on boston sports radio there was some talk about the mets being quietly concerned about Pedro's velocity drop off from this same last year. I haven't heard much but am curious.

boston sports radio needs a hobby.

there's been no talk of pedro's velocity in any of the papers or any of the numerous sports radio stations here in new york. really, the only talk about pedro is that if the mets would actually score some damned runs he'd be aproaching 20 wins by now...

if you add on the games where pedro has left the game in the 7th inning or later with the lead, he'd have 17 wins entering tonight... and that's not counting the 3 loses that he has where he's given up 3 runs or less.

TheBrush said:
I watched the mets game last night. It felt like something good was going to happen every at bat. The amazing thing is they have done this without Piazza, and Floyd and Beltran have not hit in this series.

Anyone see that they scored two runs on a double play last night.....AMAZIN"

Oh by the way numb, I thought we were gonna play first and second.......Ive been called up where are you?:wink: . I mean its easy, I got a curtain call in my first AB.

The Brush, I didn't know you changed your name to Mike Jacobs. lol

Pedro's velocity has deteriorated significantly, he reaches the high 80's on his fastballs......BUT, he's been real crafty and making the NL look foolish in this his inaugural season.

On a side note:

BALTIMORE -- Sidney Ponson was arrested early Thursday on a drunken-driving charge, the latest legal problem for the Baltimore Orioles pitcher.

Maryland Transportation Authority Police arrested him on Interstate 95, just south of Baltimore, said Cpl. Pamela Thorne, a spokeswoman for the agency. She said Ponson was stopped for tailgating and was subsequently charged with driving under the influence and driving while impaired.

The Orioles did not immediately return a call.

Ponson charged in January with driving under the influence in Florida, and the case has not yet been resolved. That arrest came weeks after he spent 11 days in an Aruban jail for a Christmas Day fight at a beach. He apologized for the fight and reached a settlement that involved community service and a charitable contribution.

Ponson has been on the disabled list with a calf strain and hasn't pitched since Aug. 7. An MRI on Wednesday found a torn thumb ligament, and he was expected to be sidelined at least three more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom