MLB 2K5 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chacon has a 3.12 era away from coors in almost the same amount of IP that he has in coors.

maybe it won't work out, but it's a decent pickup and probably worth the risk considering that they claimed hiedo freakin nomo.

StlElevation said:
chacon has a 3.12 era away from coors in almost the same amount of IP that he has in coors.

maybe it won't work out, but it's a decent pickup and probably worth the risk considering that they claimed hiedo freakin nomo.

The Yankees certainly haven't nothing to lose...

''I don't know if it's completely dead,'' said an official of one of the three teams. ''But it's hit a roadblock … unless someone has some other thoughts.'' According to the official, the Red Sox asked for more from the Mets to complete the deal, which would have sent Manny Ramirez and Danys Baez to New York, Aubrey Huff and Mike Cameron to Boston and Lastings Milledge, Yusmeiro Petit, Anibal Sanchez and Kelly Shoppach to the Rays. It might have been that they wanted Braden Looper. However, the Mets would want to keep him and use him to close and Baez in a setup role initially

also

The Twins lost Torii Hunter for 4-6 weeks Friday night when the center fielder tore a tendon in his left ankle trying to make a catch against the wall in Fenway Park's triangle.

that will hurt the twinkies

StlElevation said:
also

The Twins lost Torii Hunter for 4-6 weeks Friday night when the center fielder tore a tendon in his left ankle trying to make a catch against the wall in Fenway Park's triangle.

that will hurt the twinkies

I just red this...this is not good for my Twinkies that already seem to be in a drought. :sigh:

I still have the Cubs, right? :uhoh: :lol:

Explain to me why the Rangers need Nevin?

I think they should trade Blalock for pitching.

TheBrush said:
hey Numb........

you think this is fair??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978

Two prospect might be alot....but imagine our outfield....Manny, Clifford and Bustran.

And we would get Baez!!!!!!

I got no oriblem getting rid of cameron. And 1 prospect, A second prospect scares me but we still keep our rotation in tact.

I would have to do this.

You think the Mets would be giving up too much? Are you even kidding me? They barely are giving up anything in this potential deal.

As a Sox fan, there is no way Theo and Co. should make this move. Cameron can't hit for crap, why give up an MVP candidate for a guy with 10 HR and 32 RBI? Those numbers are bad enough to make me want to throw up at the possibility of this trade happening. They are essentially Mark Bellhorn type numbers. The team doesn't even need a centerfielder.

Aubrey Huff doesn't do anything for me either. Would he solve issues at first? Probably but it's not worth give up on ManRam. Anyone member of The Nation that thinks this is a good trade should have their heads examined.

Last edited:
randhail said:

You think the Mets would be giving up too much? Are you even kidding me? They barely are giving up anything in this potential deal.

As a Sox fan, there is no way Theo and Co. should make this move. Cameron can't hit for crap, why give up an MVP candidate for a guy with 10 HR and 32 RBI? Those numbers are bad enough to make me want to throw up at the possibility of this trade happening. They are essentially Mark Bellhorn type numbers. The team doesn't even need a centerfielder.

Aubrey Huff doesn't do anything for me either. Would he solve issues at first? Probably but it's not worth give up on ManRam. Anyone member of The Nation that thinks this is a good trade should have their heads examined.

The Mets would be paying his $64,000,000 contract? And the Sox would get Huff, a potential 300/30/100 guy for left field. Cameron would be a bench player after Trot comes back.

Actually I'd think they'd play Cameron in LF to shore up the outfield defense and stick Huff at first instead of Millar/Olerud platoon.

Huff is a potential ..300/30/100 guy like mr Brau said, he's having a down year, but I guarantee if you stick him into a good lineup with the likes of Damon, Renteria, Ortiz, Varitek et al, his season would take off. the trade won't happen though, the mets don't want to take on the rest of the money.

the mets actually would have been giving up two pretty good to great prospects in the deal as well as Cameron to get Manny and to pay his salary and Baez, so they would be giving up quite a bit in Petit and Milledge.

the trade won't happen, though. it would actually be a pretty good trade for tampa bay all in all. they'd be coming out winners in all of it, but in the end theyre always going to be losers.

meanwhile, the cardinals supposedly inquired about picking up brian giles. i'd love to get him, but it won't happen. i don't think the cardinals will trade marquis, although I would like to see him go because they have wainwright and reyes who are ready to get going in the bigleagues. they are definitly going to need an outfielder, and jocketty says theyre looking for an "impact" player, not a stopgap outfielder.

walker is too inconsistent and on the dl, and sanders is out on the DL too. half their freakin lineup is on the DL with those two, Rolen and molina. theyre also looking for a pen arm.

additionally, if the red sox were lucky enough for someone to take ramirez's contract, they could easily pursue other deals and other free agents instead of being stuck with that massive salary.

id love to have manny on my team, the guy can hit, but at that price?

StlElevation said:
additionally, if the red sox were lucky enough for someone to take ramirez's contract, they could easily pursue other deals and other free agents instead of being stuck with that massive salary.

id love to have manny on my team, the guy can hit, but at that price?

Yeah, Manny's $20,000,000 per year could be used to land themselves 2 top shelf players.

exactly, if they were able to pick up Aubrey Huff, imo a top shelf player, and free up that amount of salary, they'd have Huff, a top FA, Cameron, and an above avg FA, and possibly clear salary to deal for Wagner and sign him to a longer deal.

Dealing Manny would not be a bad thing for the Red Sox, but it wouldn't be a good thing unless they played their cards right.

espn.com is reporting the deal is very much still alive...

i am drooling at the possability of manny ramirez becoming a met... see... :drool: there i go... drooling...

he's manny fucking ramirez for pete's sake... the only other hitters in his class are pujols, a-rod and bonds if he's healthy and roided. he's an rbi machine... he's having a bad year, and he's still leading the majors in RBI. manny fucking ramirez.

:drool:

yes, having manny ramirez, carlos beltran, david wright, jose reyes, cliff floyd would be one hell of an offense.

plus the mets would get baez to help the bullpen. the mets would give up a decent bit to get manny in the deal, but it's likely worth it if theyre willing to take on that salary.

The Red Sox would acquire Mets outfielder Mike Cameron and pitcher Aaron Heilman, and Devil Rays outfielder/designated hitter Aubrey Huff; the Mets would get Ramirez, reliever Danys Baez and shortstop Julio Lugo; and the Devil Rays would still get four prospects, but the prospects are being reconsidered.

yea, so the difference is aaron heilman. big deal. and julio lugo. lugo's actually not bad.

Last edited:
Calvin N. Hobbes said:

Because they will get rid of Chan Ho Park.

:lmao:

touche.

But I'd rather retain a subpar pitcher in a subpar rotation than add a subpar hitter to a stellar lineup.

Just creates another hole in the rotation :shrug:

Many has 3 years left on his deal. Is it financially killing the Sox? No. Unloading the contract increases their flexibility, but they also lose one of the best hitters in the league.

I hardly think the Mets are giving up anything in this deal. Two prospects and a crappy outfielder for an All Star closer and MVP candidate??? That doesn't really add up. But then again this is the team that has Bobby Bonilla on the payroll through 2049 so logical moves aren't their speciality :wink:

Last edited:
looks like the many deal with the mets according to espn is dead

but i think hed look good in a whitesox uniform

and i bet the red sox would love jose contreras:wink:

i officialy hate the fucking devil rays...

it appears as if this deal was set to get done until the devil rays wanted every top prospect from both the mets and the red sox included in the deal. it appeared as if the mets were willing to send top pitching prospect petite and top hitting prospect milledge, but boston, rightully so, was a little leary over sending their top two prospects and their best hitter in one trade. the mets and red sox dropped the devil rays and have been trying to get the deal done themselves, but thus far it's not working.

if i'm omar... if i can't get manny or soriano by the 4pm deadline tommorow, i simply hold out of any trade and wait till the offseason, and then retry to acquire ramirez from the red sox in the offseason, when it should be a much easier thing to get done.

inmyplace13 said:

:lmao:

touche.

But I'd rather retain a subpar pitcher in a subpar rotation than add a subpar hitter to a stellar lineup.

Just creates another hole in the rotation :shrug:

Yes but keep in mind that you can place Nevin in the rotation and net better results than you would have with Park.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i officialy hate the fucking devil rays...

it appears as if this deal was set to get done until the devil rays wanted every top prospect from both the mets and the red sox included in the deal. it appeared as if the mets were willing to send top pitching prospect petite and top hitting prospect milledge, but boston, rightully so, was a little leary over sending their top two prospects and their best hitter in one trade. the mets and red sox dropped the devil rays and have been trying to get the deal done themselves, but thus far it's not working.

if i'm omar... if i can't get manny or soriano by the 4pm deadline tommorow, i simply hold out of any trade and wait till the offseason, and then retry to acquire ramirez from the red sox in the offseason, when it should be a much easier thing to get done.

Agreed. Its weird that nothing has gone down and its nearly 1230. The only trade I have seen so far is the Cruz Jr. trade. (well Nevin but thats old news)

The mets are fading fast anyway. Lost 5 of 6 OUCH!!!

It made absolutely no sense for the Red Sox to give up Ramirez. Huff's a decent player, but he's not going to come anywhere close to Manny's numbers ever. And although some money would have been freed up to pick up someone else in the offseason, I don't think it would have mattered too much. The Mets certainly weren't going to take a lot of Manny's contract - the Sox would still be paying a huge chunk, so the amount of extra money wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Not doing anything was the best move.

Manny has declared Boston as the place for him!

The man's definitely got some serious issues, but none of them come with a bat in his hand, and I'm glad the D-Bag_Rays were too demanding and the deal got quashed.

I think he may have realized that if he disliked the microscope he's under in Boston, and the only place he had a shot of getting traded to was NY, that Boston would be an easier place to live. The press in NY would be merciless when he pissed on that big apple in center field.

Back
Top Bottom