MLB 2020- Coronavirus Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want 5 OTs of this Phillies-Orioles game.
A peace came over me when Jean Segura charged into the mound and fucked up that play. I realized that there is no hope and that sports as an outlet are pointless. Even in a pandemic, they are only a window to further pain.

When you bet the Mets Phillies first 5 over and it hits because of a 5 run bottom of the 5th by Philadelphia...

5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d

Certainly a wager you all but write off when its 1-0 after 4.5, but the beauty of baseball is no clock so overs are always alive until the not so skinny woman croons.

Tom Brennaman apologizing for being a homophobe on live tv while a home run is hit is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

The NL East is an absolute shambles right now. The only kind of OK looking team is the Braves and there are teams all over the league who are outplaying them right now.

But somehow the NL Central is even worse with a .452 win percentage and one team over .500. Its current second best team by 1.5 games is the Cardinals, who might not even play 50 games this season. The Brewers got hit hard by opt outs and Yelich has been awful. The Pirates are the worst team in baseball.

This 5-game-in-3-days subway series had some of the silliest baseball I’ve ever seen.

I'm still trying to figure out why they had all the hacked at Yankee Stadium and had the Mets as the home team twice.

Like... Why not just have one double header at Yankee Stadium and one double header at CitiField?

I... have no idea. The Yankees being walked off at Yankee stadium while wearing pinstripes is just weird.

The runner at 2nd base at the start of "extra innings" is an interesting wrinkle. I could see MLB doing that for future seasons, but maybe institute it in like the 14th inning instead when all games are 9 innings.

So we can all agree on two things - that was strange, and Edwin Diaz is trash.

He has been pretty good this year, no? I think that mess on the 7th inning yesterday is more on the team than on him? It was a clusterf*ck of an inning, I'll say that. At one point the Mets had a 499-in-500 winning expectancy.

I also don't mind the 7 inning doubleheaders

Yeah, I find them surprisingly ok. The shorter game has more urgency, and puts more emphasis on starting pitchers, which is a nice thing in this era of bullpens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom