Mlb 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, you are both right. The new baseball is going to impact certain players more than others, and also Diaz's collapse is definitely more than just because of the baseball.

I applaud your optimism. The Mets are 6 games over and you still have hope, whereas the Nats are 16 games over and I'm still pretty sure they'll fall short right at the finish line.

Gotta love random combinations and permutations to make baseball stats. I bet he’s the only one who has thrown out 10 runners in day games while hitting above .300 in March, too.

With that being said, he’s a gem and a fantastic catcher.

I've been saying that the Mets needed to be withing 3 games of the wild card at the end of that brutal stretch of schedule.

And thanks to our terrific bullpen, it's 4.

So it's time to give up on the season. Again. Until the shitty teams in front of us lose 3 straight, and then I'll dilute myself into believing once more.

Baseball.

The Mets have lost six games it once had better than a 92 percent chance to win; they’ve won only two games where their chance to win dipped below 8 percent. That’s a four-game gap in a race New York trails by 3.5 games.

This is in part why i still have hope... I know the Mets are better than this and if they only get in...

... and also why I shouldn't... If they get the wild card, de Grom will pitch a gem in Washington only to have Diaz shit it all away.

Fucking baseball

milwaukee is playing pittsburgh, cincinnati, and colorado, and the cubs also have a series against the pirates in the final week of the season.

the mets aren't making up 3.5 games on them dude lol

But hey, 7 games with 17 to go amirite?

you have no idea how much willpower it's taken me not to mention that every single time you've made one of these hopeful posts, and here you are bringing it onto yourself.

the mets and phillies had a series against each other in that 17 game stretch, that's why that comeback was possible. if NYM was playing either of the teams ahead of them in the standings i'd say there's a shot, but the pirates are not sweeping both the brewers and cubs and that's the only possible way it can happen.

Cardinals!!!!!

4 game sweep of the Cubs!!! All come from behind wins locked up post season berth!!

Now we need to get the division!!!

The end of an era. Felix’s last start under contract for the Mariners. It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the end of his major league career. He was signed as a teenager in July of 2002, shortly before the A’s Moneyballed the Mariners out of the playoffs despite a 93 win team. And they never made the playoffs in any of the subsequent years of his tenure here. That’s insane and depressing.

So proud of the Brewers. No matter what happens in the playoffs, this season will be a success.

Yeah Felix has fallen off the cliff these last 2 years, says he still wants to pitch but doubt he gets anything over a minor league deal and camp invite next season. Still only 33 so maybe he could regain some of his form, would be worth a look at least.

The end of an era. Felix’s last start under contract for the Mariners. It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the end of his major league career. He was signed as a teenager in July of 2002, shortly before the A’s Moneyballed the Mariners out of the playoffs despite a 93 win team. And they never made the playoffs in any of the subsequent years of his tenure here. That’s insane and depressing.

re: JJ vs King Felix

We just are better at rolling over and dying

There’s a special teal connection here. From the time U2 made us share a home field to the time Eight Year Old Suzuki played for the both of us, we appreciate mediocrity.

I wish I could offer you words of hope, but... you know... baseball!

Didn't realize this was the last year at the Ballpark in Arlington. RIP to my favorite modern stadium (that I've been to).

We could never trust that the game would start or finish until we had a retractable roof.

And then the “Miami Marlins” happened so pretty much who cares baseball woohoo

Baseball was played for like a century or more without them. Seriously, I just don't care about rain outs, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom