MLB 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's mostly a fluke. Like the Orioles last year. That said, they could be better when Jeter/Granderson/Pineda come back. Not sure they will make it to the postseason, though.

I don't give a flying fuck as long as it's not any of my favorite White Sox players. If it's not, get rid of all of them. Kill the fuckers. I don't care. Drown them, stab them, fuck them, kill them, send them to death camps. Give them a red wedding. Get the fuck out. More for the rest of us.

I thought that article was pretty good actually. Didn't realize it's not cool to read Deadspin. Thought that honor was relegated to Bleacher Report.

Did that conversation about LeBron really stick in your craw that much?

No. I'm just an idiot. Sorry.

I should have picked up Domonic Brown instead of J-Roll.

Although, I was able to drop Rollins yesterday because HANLEY IS BACK.

Peavy is out four to six weeks with a busted rib.

Brutal.

It's been said that every team wins 60 and loses 60. It's what you do with the other 42 that count.

Hehehe

w3yiiNz.png

I love draft day.

Me too, man. Pretty damn excited to see who we get in the first round.

Haven't had a lot of success in the first round over the last twenty years or so, but it's still exciting. There was this run we put together in the late 80s/90, though:

1987 - Jack McDowell
1988 - Robin Ventura
1989 - Frank Thomas
1990 - Alex Fernandez

That was the core of our great early '90s squads, all found in the first round. The top two pitchers in the rotation, and the top two hitters/corner infielders.

I was hoping the M's would snag Hunter Renfroe. But DJ Peterson was my second "realistic" hope. So I'm happy. But damn, this probably means they won't be going for Rowdy Tellez in the second round and I covet him!

Hey, for once the Yankees didn't overreach. Pretty happy with their three first round picks.

Draft day number two! Hoping my Mariners can snag one of Jon Denney, Connor Jones, Rowdy Tellez, Cord Sandberg, or Cavan Biggio in the 3rd round and then Justin Seager in a later round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom