MLB 2013-14: End of the World Series, Offseason, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway, can you and Headache seriously lay off the dredging of 6+ year old conversation in which I pointed out that the good-hitting Mariners if that year needed another good hitter in the lineup? Because seriously, Felix is the only thing in common between that team and this team. It's tired, old, not funny or clever. Same with all the Edgar Martinez sniping.

Can't speak for Headache, but I'll lay off if it bothers you that much (but it is funny). And I will bring up Edgar on the day Ortiz gets inducted into Cooperstown. Until then I'll do my best to avoid it.

I probably would have sucked as a hitter, maybe would have done ok as a pitcher, had I grown up in a place where baseball was played.

And yet why is it considered clutch? He was simply due for regression to the mean.

This is why people bust your balls, dude! :doh:

Clutch is getting the job done when it fucking counts! Hitting a grand slam in the ALCS when your team is down 5-1 deep into the game would qualify as clutch.

A-Rod didn't do jack piss in the 2005, 2006, and 2007 postseasons. Plus, in the 2004 ALCS, from Game 4 on, he fuckin' disappeared when it counted most.

Oh he was irritating quite a bit of the time, but it was a love-hate type thing. He played baseball like a moron, but he was our moron. And he was the spark of energy on a team of quieter guys. I'm pretty sure he punched Brian Wilson in the head too, which is a move that has aged well.

BX4DD-GIgAAYqMD.jpg:large

After the epic abortion that was the 2012 Red Sox season...never expected anything close to this.

Back
Top Bottom