MLB 2010 The Third - B. Wood Popped Out to Catcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chip-caray.jpg

Did someone say fist?

Chip would've been pretty dismayed that Feldman couldn't seem to get the big outs line drive base hits when he needed them.

In other on-the-mound news in Detroit, Dustin Nippert just took a hot shot right to the side of his head. Thank G-d he was conscious after. That was awful.

Piniella retiring after this year. Such a great career, both as player and manager, but this is a good move for him. Often this year, he's looked like he just doesn't care anymore. His heart's not in it.

And the Cubbies manager spot is certainly very coveted. So that should be interesting. I mean, the manager that's able to bring a World Series championship to the Cubs will be a god damn immortal hero and will have their body draped in gold like Jill Masterson. Does Girardi leave New York? Probably not. I don't know. It's going to be a nice little media circus, though, when the search begins.

I keep hearing Ryne Sandberg but who knows if that's true or not....who knows if Hendry is around to do the hiring as well.

Girardi isn't going anywhere.

Agreed that it was/is time for Lou to call it quits. Hopefully he can start attending old timer's day at Yankee Stadium now.

First Bobby Cox and now Sweet Lou? We're losing iconic managers much like we lost celebrities like Jeff Goldblum last summer.

Yankee fans get to catch a glimpse of the elusive Dick Wood tonight. Enjoy!

Can't wait for the trade deadline. What are the rumors surrounding your favorite team?

Rangers supposedly want to add another reliever (great idea) and a corner infielder (probably a good idea as well).

It's hard to sift through all the articles pertaining to the Yankees because so many of the beat writers treat their own conjecture like it's fact. I'll just say that from where I sit, their greatest need is for a reliable arm for the bullpen. I think it's fair to say that Joba is not the answer. I don't trust Robertson yet, and, Chan Ho has been less than stellar this season. Aceves has suffered a few setbacks in his recovery, Mitre is off to the rotation for as long as Pettitte is out, and Marte has been ok but he's mostly a lefty v lefty guy. So, if there's a reliable middle or late inning reliever out there I'd be surprised if Cashman did not pursue him.

Gump, if you read this, any news on Aceves, and, any rumors you've read that seem credible?

I keep hearing Ryne Sandberg but who knows if that's true or not....who knows if Hendry is around to do the hiring as well.
That's because he became the AA manager last year and was promoted right when that season ended to become this year's AAA manager. A lot of people have speculated that this is because he's on a "fast track" to become Cubs manager.

That's because he became the AA manager last year and was promoted right when that season ended to become this year's AAA manager. A lot of people have speculated that this is because he's on a "fast track" to become Cubs manager.

Well, yeah, I know all of that cos I follow baseball, but still don't know if the fast track is true because of ownership/impending management changes with the franchise.

You son of a bitch.

haha!

Can't wait for the trade deadline. What are the rumors surrounding your favorite team?

There's a good chance we trade a couple of our best minor league prospects for Adam Dunn. His presence in the lineup would be nice, and he would easily drop some bombs over the short porches at U.S. Cellular, but I don't even know if we need him. We'll see. Kenny will most likely do something. He always does. It could be another post-deadline waiver deal, though, like he did with Rios last year.

Scumbo only follows the Salt Lake Bees when B. Wood is manning the hot corner. At this rate, they'll be reunited before you know it.

Do you happen to support any particular team?

Not since I was a kid. Being in a place that only has minor league teams makes it difficult for me to closely follow anyone. Well, at least for baseball and hockey. I still follow the NFL fairly closely without a local pro team, but I actually played football in high school and such, so there's that.

Supposedly some of our minor league teams are pretty good (the Bees as Imps mentioned, and the Owls closer to where I live), but I have an even more difficult time wanting to follow minor league teams.

Supposedly some of our minor league teams are pretty good (the Bees as Imps mentioned, and the Owls closer to where I live), but I have an even more difficult time wanting to follow minor league teams.
So you're saying you won't be Annie Savoy to Dick Wood's Nuke LaLoosh?

He'll be heartbroken.

Back
Top Bottom