MLB 2010 - The Second - B. Wood struck out swinging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still (kind of) early, but I didn't expect Jose the Conch to be this successful for the Phillies. I'm really happy for him and really very pleasantly surprised that he's been such a great option out of the pen. 0.63 ERA? Keep it up Conch, you old goofy Cuban bastard.
He's fantastic. So much movement on his ball. I love it. God knows we need him too, with both Lidge and Madson injured/with their heads up their own asses.

tomorrow i will actually be in citizen's bank ballpark as the phillies play the red sox... if one could present a situation where one would kill themselves based on their own fandom, this would be it... especially considering as i paid for the tickets and it's my choice to do this.

love, it is a bitch ain't it?

The Phils rotation is confusing because it got flipped from a rainout and injuries, so I never remember who's pitching the next day.

I like that dismissive "getting my reps" thing. How many other players would call shitting the bed for nearly two months "getting reps?"

What he's saying is that Scioscia sees something in him that is allowing him to stick around and keep working through it.

The problem is, what's the line gonna be once he finally gets booted to the minors?

If this troll starts posting Wood's daily performances in Triple-A then we should start talking about Ignore Lists and banning again.

News: Frandsen got another start in place of Brandon [sic] Wood at third base on Thursday but went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
Spin: Frandsen isn't a likely permanent replacement for Wood, but Maicer Izturis might be as early as next week.

Meanwhile, I just keep getting my reps. :wave:

Well actually you didn't get any reps yesterday yet again. You picked splinters out of your light hitting ass once again while Frandsen went 3 for 4 with 2 doubles, raising his average to. 462, .305 points higher than yours.

Since your out of options, perhaps an outright release as a Memorial Day gift.:wave:

What he's saying is that Scioscia sees something in him that is allowing him to stick around and keep working through it.

The problem is, what's the line gonna be once he finally gets booted to the minors?

If this troll starts posting Wood's daily performances in Triple-A then we should start talking about Ignore Lists and banning again.

Funny thing is, the only posts you make in this thread are directed to me. I just searched your posts and the results confirm it. Why don't you stop trolling this thread? Or, make some actual posts about major league baseball and not me. I don't give a crap about what you have to say; you're completely uninteresting. Feel free to put me on ignore.

Well actually you didn't get any reps yesterday yet again. You picked splinters out of your light hitting ass once again while Frandsen went 3 for 4 with 2 doubles, raising his average to. 462, .305 points higher than yours.

Since your out of options, perhaps an outright release as a Memorial Day gift.:wave:
That's actually pretty funny. :wink:

News: Frandsen got another start in place of Brandon [sic] Wood at third base on Thursday but went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
Spin: Frandsen isn't a likely permanent replacement for Wood, but Maicer Izturis might be as early as next week.
Yeah, Izturis is going to get his AB's when he gets back, but that was always part of the game plan, anyway. Izzy is a clutch hitter and he plays good enough defense. I'll admit, it will probably be a platoon situation between me and Izzy when he gets back, but I can live with that for now.

Zoiks!

These aren't the same Angels - ESPN Los Angeles

Wood's status

The Angels appear to be going to the only viable option when it comes to taking Brandon Wood's struggling bat out of their lineup. They can't demote him because he's out of options. His trade value likely has dwindled with his struggles.

Batting just .157 with three extra-base hits in 121 at-bats, Wood likely will have to earn his way back into the lineup. He was benched Saturday, giving him two days off in three days. Manager Mike Scioscia told the reporters in St. Louis that Wood figures to be doing his work in the batting cage, rather than the batter's box.

"We're going to try to let Woody unwind a little bit," Scioscia said. "There's a lot of things that go into it. I just think right now it's best for Brandon to take a step back."

Back
Top Bottom