MLB 2010 - The First

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at the Rockies-Phils series in July, which should be a good one if both teams continue their successes of last season.

So, I can go see the Rangers play the As but I don't really have much of an interest in that game, or I can just not go to work and see the Rangers play the Sox, and I haven't been to a Sox game in about...12 years. I think we know the answer.

i'm going to the reds/mariners on the 20th before the show at qwest field

I'll be at Yankee Stadium on the 17th, mini-HS reunion going with some old friends.

Have tickets to 10 A's games, including games against the Yanks, Sox, Rays, Twins and Mariners.

Headache, while I don't think that Costas was horrid at hoops pxp, he's light years better as a baseball guy, that's for sure.

If all the NYY-BOS games are this close, I'll probably be dead by midseason.

I mean, he was safe and all, but, wow, Posada is sooooo fucking slow.

I like how the home plate ump signals safe even though Posada did not initially touch home.

Sox players I hate:

Papelbon
Pedroia
Youkilis
Drew
Beckett

Sox players I respect but don't necessarily like

Varitek
Lester

Sox players I begrudgingly admit to liking

Lowell
Wakefield
Martinez

Yankee players I respect:

Jeter
Rivera

Yankees I absolutely loathe:

Posada

just curious. why do you not like posada? he came up with jeter and rivera and have been teammates the whole time.

Because, to put it bluntly, he is one of the biggest whiners in all of baseball, and just an all-around wimpy douchebag. Doesn't matter that he's been a Yankee as long as Jeter and Rivera - that's beside the point. Although if anything, you'd think after all this time he'd learn from those two, being the class acts that they are.

Since I know you're all dying to know the outcome of Dick Wood's latest at-bat...he just whiffed to leave the bases loaded.

okay. it's your list. i just don't remember him doing anything douchy other than being a catcher and trying to work the umps. i'll double the :shrug:

and you'll never guess who just struck out with 2 outs and the bases loaded...his name rhymes with dick wood

1. Brandon Wood looked lost in the batter's box to start the season and some fans at Angel Stadium razzed him pretty good. Utility man Maicer Izturis could be at third base soon if Wood continues like that. On top of attempting to replace popular third baseman Chone Figgins, Wood is trying to establish himself in the majors after batting .192 with the Angels in 224 at-bats spread across three seasons. More time in the minor leagues, where he's logged 2,944 at-bats, may not be the answer. Late in spring training Wood perked up after he tweaked his swing, but it didn't carry over into the season.

"He's got lightning in his bat and we want to see how that's going to play," said manager Mike Scioscia.

Nonetheless, Scioscia mentioned that Izturis could give Wood, 25, a breather sooner than later.

Four Quick Thoughts on the Angels -- MLB FanHouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom