MLB 2009 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't top this, though:

alomar.jpg

(you'll have to mentally add the spit)

When you're down 2-1 and the other starter is going on 3 days' rest, letting him get through 4 innings on 38 pitches is obviously a brilliant strategy.

I don't necessarily hate the Yankees all that much. I'm sort of indifferent to them, with the majority of my animosity being over their obscene payroll. But it'll make me really sad for A-Rod to lose his choke artist tag. Really sad.

What exactly did McClellan miss? I wasn't watching at the time.

First, he incorrectly called Swisher out for leaving the bag early at third. (Swisher had earlier in the inning been incorrectly called safe stealing second).

Second, the Angels caught Posada in a rundown between third and home. Posada retreated towards third, and Cano had advanced towards third but for some reason stepped off the bag when he saw Posada coming back. Mathis tagged both of them out off the bag, but McClelland called only Posada out despite the fact that the play happened right in front of him.

It was even worse when you saw the clusterfuck at third, Peefer. The tags couldn't have been more blatant.

Just saw the video on MLB.com. When he tags Cano, McClellan is looking at the feet of Posada, hence why he doesn't notice the tag being made. Essentially, McClellan forgot about the other runner, which ... yeah, you can't do that as a Major League umpire. You just can't.

I feel good about myself for calling the Werth homer. I deserve a trophy.

Uh, Vicente? Throwing that same diving fastball to Werth right over the plate three times in a row? Not such a good idea.

I
So, how much of a chance do the Phillies have? Do I need to give my beloved a crash course in baseball language? He knows there are nine innings, and extra innings are a possibility, but after that, he's lost. :)

Well, then.

I think he'll be ok without knowing player specifics, (thanks Peef), although you never know. But I guess I'll have to explain the basics on the road to Nevada tonight.

We'll listen to the Angels game on the radio across the desert; that's always fun, and I can explain as it goes.

Steve Phillips had an affair with Scott Stapp?

Some of the comments over on WEEI's page, where they posted these pics, are just gold.

Doesn’t look like the fans will be enjoying any Fenway Franks

I get it…the Navy t-shirt symbolizes a battleship! Way to go Steve! Throwing it all away for a weather balloon!

This one's my favorite:

She looks like the singer Meatloaf or my wife’s meatloaf. I can’t decide.

The best comment was the one on Deadspin: "Breckin Meyer! You were great in ... something."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom