MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or PFan's favorite player will fuck up big time.

I have my seven game streak riding on Clifford giving up two or more earned runs, so imagine how excited I was seeing 2 runs on the board early.

Then I checked the fucking box score.

Have their really been five total errors in the first three full innings in this game? The NL East. Where Amazing Happens.

I have my seven game streak riding on Clifford giving up two or more earned runs, so imagine how excited I was seeing 2 runs on the board early.

Then I checked the fucking box score.

Have their really been five total errors in the first three full innings in this game? The NL East. Where Amazing Happens.

A few of us have a little Streak club and seven is the highest I've gotten. Maybe six, I'm not sure. I stopped participating when I left for Europe, though, and have not gotten back into it.

I hit ten one time, which I was extremely proud of. But then CS Fullerton fucked me and I never won the t-shirt you get for getting to 13.

Tuesday: Millwood vs. Joba the Hutt
Wednesday: The Dutch Oven vs. Pettitte
Thursday: Dustin "the Christmas Card" Nippert vs. Burnett

Me too. I'm 34-26-5 on my baseball picks, but there are a lot of props in there as well as matchups. 4-1 in boxing gives it my best real percentage, but among the sports I pick a lot, tennis is best at 13-5-4.

Streak for the Cash is cool, guys.

I like doing it with a group of idiots.

Funny, I can't find you in the photo.

AAGJ046~2004-Red-Sox-Team-Composite-Posters.jpg

The Phillies actually have the fewest errors in the NL. Utley just royally fucked up and got two errors on one play (or so the boxscore says since I can't fucking watch it).

Ryan Howard is beginning to hit his annual "finish the stretch run on fire" phase, which is always entertaining.

Even though he pitched all those years for the damned Twins, I've always really liked and respected Johan Santana. Disappointed to see that he had a bit of an off year and that it was cut short by injury.

The Wild Mothafuckin' Turkey agrees.

One heck of a two-out rally there, eh?

That Cano homer would have barely been out on a fucking Little League field.

I'd have said the same thing even if it was my beloved Elvis who hit it.

Yeah, Lewin gets a little hyperbolic when he talks about them. He also talks about home runs fucking constantly. Never manufacturing runs. Down two in the ninth? "Well, if Michael could get on base here, wouldn't be bad to see Josh dump one off over the right field fence." Shit like that. Constantly.

I'm a bit of a Lewin apologist (some of my friends want to murder him) in that he doesn't bother me and I've learned to live with him, but it's hard to deny he's.... unique.

The Rangers announcers are homers, but I think they acknowledge the other team fairly, unlike a lot of other crews (coughcoughTAMPABAYcoughcough).

Speed, Tampa's duo are the worst. Almost Hawk Harrelson bad.

Lewin is garbage, though, sorry Imperor. Grieve is fine, not great, but fair at least. Lewin does a lot of editorializing, and talks more about the players themselves than the actual game. He whines when calls do not go the Rangers way, etc. Just not a fan.

josh_lewin.jpg

You know you love this little bitch.

Actually my biggest thing I hate about him is when he calls Cool Whip "Hambone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom