MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rangers need this game badly enough already, but the Angels getting shelled would be icing on the cake. Michael had a nifty single to score Pudge and the Cookie Monster. 2-0 good guys, top 4.

It really fucking sucks to not be able to watch your team or listen to them on the radio.

It's true. I had to do it for a long time before finding a cable provider that provides Rangers games in addition to Astros. Normally the Astros eat up all the space on FSN, but Time Warner runs the Rangers games on some nondescript channel which only shows infomercials. Thing that sucks is the Astros still get the main feed, meaning they're the ones in HD.

MLB.TV might be the way for you to go.

Michael: Doin' Work.

If I wasn't already convinced Tex Teixeira was going to get it, I'd be pushing hard for Mikey to get AL MVP. If the Rangers get in, he's got a hell of a shot.

Mariano Rivera is the AL MVP as far as I'm concerned.

When that pen was falling apart, he could still be counted on, and he's even had a decent amount of 4-out saves, relatively speaking at least.

I love Tex, but I don't think he deserves it. What a difference he has made out in the field, though. I cannot say it enough.

You really can't appreciate what a solid defensive first baseman he is until you see him on a day to day basis, can you? Braves and Angels fans have probably noticed it too. The dude just makes plays. He's a lot of fun to watch, probably one of the best you'll ever see at the position.

Scott "Schindler's Fist" Feldman is pitching himself another nice ballgame today. Love it. Thank G-d Brandon "I don't deserve a nickname because I suck" McCarthy got hurt and opened a spot in the rotation for him.

Well, Yankee fans just had Giambi, who was probably the worst 1B in the league.

Before him, though, we had Tino who was very good, and Donnie Baseball, who was amazing.

Tex is amazing too. It's not even like he's a good fielder for a first baseman....he's flat out a good fucking fielder....makes diving plays, handles short hops with ease, digs balls out of the dirt, etc.....great great acquisition, but that's no surprise.

But, yeah, dudes like that you need to see on a daily basis to truly appreciate.

Big W there. Let's go, Yankees tonight. Let's fail, Yankees, Tuesdays through Thursday.

Oh, you know what Piss....you might not be able to watch the streams, because you might still be within the Phillies' TV footprint.

I am, it's simply Penn State's cheapness that keeps me from seeing the Phils. They have all of the Pirates games though, so we can watch really shitty NL Central cellar baseball anytime it's on.

That's like if Palladia played nothing but Nickelback and Bon 7ovi shows all day.

I am, it's simply Penn State's cheapness that keeps me from seeing the Phils. They have all of the Pirates games though, so we can watch really shitty NL Central cellar baseball anytime it's on.

Well, then.....if they get the Pirates on their in-dorm cable system, then you might be able to stream Phils games.....you should at least look into it, the cost will be fairly cheap for the remaining 6 weeks or so.

That sucks.

When I resided in Harrisburg, we had Comcast and the Phillies. I would also listen to the Phils radio broadcast from a local Harrisburg AM station. Wonder if you could get that in State College.

What'd Piffy miss being unable to watch the Phils game? Just an unassisted triple play to end the game. Ho hum.

Huh...didn't the Cubs look pretty bad vs. the Padres? I thought it was because the Padres had so much talent... :sad:

However, Smoltz and his Cardinals better watch out. We showed those Dodgers what's up taking one 1 out of 4. I mean come on, this Albert guy in St. Louis can't keep this up right? He's come out of nowhere.

Hey Josh, how's about throwing something other than a fastball on the first pitch for once.

What'd Piffy miss being unable to watch the Phils game? Just an unassisted triple play to end the game. Ho hum.

I'd be so much happier if it was anyone other than Bruntlett. This just encourages Charlie Manuel to keep him on the team.

Still, it's pretty cool.

yea it looked swell from the pepsi porch :madspit:

Well you did at least get to see something quite rare in person, even though it adversely affected your team. I have posted previously about seeing the Twinkies turn 2 triple plays in one game at Fenway, after the second one I applauded and other Sox fans in the section thought I was nuts, but I explained that we had just witnessed something we'll likely never see again.

And I predict your banged up Mets will be the first in the NL to beat Cliff Clavin Lee this afternoon, he's overdue for a cash for clunker outing.

You ready for these next four days Hewson, speedracer, phanan, and wherever the hell CtU2fan and that other guy are?

Should be a fun one.

Next time you're wondering to yourself why Philadelphia sports fans are seen in such a negative light, read this post.

I don't think things like this are usually the criticisms of the Philly fan. Usually we're simply portrayed as drunken hooligans, as opposed to pessimistic curmudgeons. I think the latter is just me.

Well you did at least get to see something quite rare in person, even though it adversely affected your team. I have posted previously about seeing the Twinkies turn 2 triple plays in one game at Fenway, after the second one I applauded and other Sox fans in the section thought I was nuts, but I explained that we had just witnessed something we'll likely never see again.

And I predict your banged up Mets will be the first in the NL to beat Cliff Clavin Lee this afternoon, he's overdue for a cash for clunker outing.

Or PFan's favorite player will fuck up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom