MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Junichi Tazawa (second appearance since being promoted from AA) hits a Tigers batter while in the middle of a 1st inning jam. Tigers score 3 runs, then Porcello throws a FB straight at Youkilis's upper back leading off the 2nd inning. Youkilis goes nuts, charges the mound, throws his helmet in Porcello's general vicinity and attempts to bowl Porcello over. Porcello sort of grabs Youkilis, does a side twist and sort of manages to toss him aside as they go down, benches empty, Porcello and Youkilis get tossed.

Mike Lowell replaces Youk at 3B and clobbers 2 HRs.

WTF is wrong with Porcello? Tiger hitters cannot like that shit at all, cos now one of them is next for real.

Brad Lidge is done. He's just done. He can't throw a fastball for a strike now. Brett Myers has to come back as closer. He just does.

I believe Porcello won that fight. For one, he had a helmet thrown at him. Then, he had a big man with a thick goatee charge him and Porcello threw him to the ground. He probably shouldn't have run towards the Red Sox dugout however...

Marmol is WORSE. I'd rather have a pitcher just give up the damn home run as opposed to walking in a run. And...we lost because Gregg gave up a home run...

Man, if we are to make the playoffs....one and done for sure.

My question is, why take Harden out in the first place? He'd thrown one bad pitch all night (the homer to Rollins).

The Phillies scored 4 runs on 3 hits ... in 12 innings. So many issues with that stat line.

Junichi Tazawa (second appearance since being promoted from AA) hits a Tigers batter while in the middle of a 1st inning jam. Tigers score 3 runs, then Porcello throws a FB straight at Youkilis's upper back leading off the 2nd inning. Youkilis goes nuts, charges the mound, throws his helmet in Porcello's general vicinity and attempts to bowl Porcello over. Porcello sort of grabs Youkilis, does a side twist and sort of manages to toss him aside as they go down, benches empty, Porcello and Youkilis get tossed.
Uh, okay, that's coming from a Red Sox fan.

If you watch the video, it's clear that A) Porcello was frustrated with himself for hitting Youkilis and B) when Youkilis charged, Porcello was completely in charge of the situation and threw Youkilis down on the ground, just like the fat b*tch deserved.

YouTube - Red Sox vs Tigers Fight 8/11/09

I don't know what's funnier about that clip...Youkilis getting bodyslammed, or the fact that some idiot edited a shitty Kings of Leon song into the clip as background music.

It's the latter, GAF. The latter.

In any case, not all fights are as great as this:

ryan_ventura.jpg

It's the latter, GAF. The latter.

In any case, not all fights are as great as this:

ryan_ventura.jpg

Good lord. Robin was one of my favorite players growing up and I'll always love him, but that image embarrasses me to this day. What a fucking badass Nolan Ryan was. Shit.

Pedro looks fair so far. Which already puts him ahead of the suddenly childish Jamie Moyer.

If a Philly fan through a beer and hit a player of the opposing team on the head, America would flip the fuck out.

Or, America would shrug and say "That's Philadelphia for you". Cos, we're all sort of used to it.

And, you meant "threw". Enjoy college.

As I've mentioned previously, I write as I speak and struggle with writing homonyms when I'm typing fast.

I'm not supposed to. I was told I had "maybe a half inch left at most" in December. I've grown just about that much, leaving me at 5'7".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom