MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not quite as outside as the pitch tracker shows, but it's a ball.

That being said, that shit evens out over the course of a year. Sucks that it happened to end the game, but, go get 'em the next day.

that shit evens out over the course of a year.

This is what I was going to say. The pitch looks to be well off the plate and it sucks but, yeah, I'm sure the Rangers have been the beneficiary of some big, questionable calls this summer. You also have to take into account how the ump had been calling the rest of the game. If he had been calling a wide zone all night, how consistent he was for both sides, etc. etc.

I didn't watch the game, obviously, so I don't know shit about it but those are my couple of cents.

Meanwhile, Robinson Cano is an unbelievably talented young player and I hate you for it.

Well, the tracker wasn't what I was getting at. Those things aren't always trustworthy, but the ball itself is in plain sight, which is why I put the photo up. It just sucks that the AAA umpire (yeah, he was making a spot appearance because some real umpire is on vacation) took the game out of the hands of the players. Yeah, that shit evens out over the course of the year. Human error is a big factor in this game. But it sucks to watch an entire game and have it end like that in the midst of a nice rally off an excellent closer. Back to back doubles by Pudge and El Caballo followed by Davis' would-be walk would have brought Certified-Impy-Man-Crush Elvis "the Hound Doggie" Andrus to the plate with the bases juiced down a run with two outs in the ninth. That's shit I want to see.

What really chaps my ass is that New Chris Davis laid off the fucking thing. In the first half, he swings at that pitch. But he got sent down partially due to his tremendous amount of strikeouts, came back up and is showing he improved. But then he gets hosed for it. Shit like this could affect how he swings the bat.

Well, the tracker wasn't what I was getting at. Those things aren't always trustworthy, but the ball itself is in plain sight, which is why I put the photo up. It just sucks that the AAA umpire (yeah, he was making a spot appearance because some real umpire is on vacation) took the game out of the hands of the players. Yeah, that shit evens out over the course of the year. Human error is a big factor in this game. But it sucks to watch an entire game and have it end like that in the midst of a nice rally off an excellent closer. Back to back doubles by Pudge and El Caballo followed by Davis' would-be walk would have brought my man crush to the plate with the bases juiced down a run with two outs in the ninth. That's shit I want to see.

What really chaps my ass is that Chris Davis laid off the fucking thing. In the first half, he swings at that pitch. But he got sent down partially due to his tremendous amount of strikeouts. He came back up and showed he improved. And he got fucking hosed for it. Shit like this could affect how he swings the bat.

That does suck (the Triple A ump...I have to take a break from the Twins games on the weekend when I am "out of market).

Going back to an earlier conversation in this thread, like many other closers, Nathan has had a number of blown saves this year. This may have been another ripe opportunity.

But, I am a Twins fan - and this and the Yankees helped my team move ahead of the White Sox. Two more games against the Rangers and then the Sock visit the Dome for the last time. The Sock haven't done so well at the dome in recent visits.

Hawk assassination attempt anyone?

But, I am a Twins fan - and this and the Yankees helped my team move ahead of the White Sox. Two more games against the Rangers and then the Sock visit the Dome for the last time. The Sock haven't done so well at the dome in recent visits.

The Sock has had a bad week. A very bad week.

We need to start winning ball games. And soon. The September schedule is set up nicely for us if we can somehow catch a hot streak.

And it looks now like THE PEAV! will be making his debut Sock start against the Cubbies in Wrigley on the 3rd. That should be interesting, to say the least.

Fuck.

I still feel less than fully confident in the Yankee pen come the playoffs, should they maintain this lead and qualify for the playoffs. I keep saying it, I know, and they keep performing well, but I trust none of them besides Rivera come October. Maybe Hughes. Maybe. He dominated the Sock in the 8th last night, just blew them away.

I still feel less than fully confident in the Yankee pen come the playoffs, should they maintain this lead and qualify for the playoffs. I keep saying it, I know, and they keep performing well, but I trust none of them besides Rivera come October. Maybe Hughes. Maybe. He dominated the Sock in the 8th last night, just blew them away.

The Yanks are the only team I really fear in the playoffs. That's why I need Texas to step up and get the wild card. I'd feel much better about playing the Halos in the first round and letting Texas make the Yanks staff work for a series before we would have to face them.

The Sock has had a bad week. A very bad week.

We need to start winning ball games. And soon. The September schedule is set up nicely for us if we can somehow catch a hot streak.

And it looks now like THE PEAV! will be making his debut Sock start against the Cubbies in Wrigley on the 3rd. That should be interesting, to say the least.

Fuck.

Why waste THE PEAVE on the Cubs when you have three against the Twins - or - is he not going to be ready?

Of the Tigers/Sock/Twins - the Twins have the easiest road. They play each of the division teams twice along with the A's and Blue Jays.

And did I just hear about the Twins picking up Rich harden off of waivers on the Fox Cubs/Mets broadcast? NICE.

And I love when Ozzie speaks....today saying the Sock played worse than the LLWS teams.

Why waste THE PEAVE on the Cubs when you have three against the Twins - or - is he not going to be ready?

The whole Peavy thing is a bit muddied right now. Some people are crying for him to be shut down for the year to ensure a healthy PEAV! in 2010. Some people (me) are saying that we need to get his ass on the hill as soon as possible. He pitched in AAA last night, which means he would be on 5 days rest for the Wrigley game. But do you want the potential of Peavy getting on base and having to run the bases in his first game back? Probably not. Do you want Peavy to strike out Alfonso Soriano 4 times in his first game back? Probably yes. We'll see.

And did I just hear about the Twins picking up Rich harden off of waivers on the Fox Cubs/Mets broadcast? NICE.

No shit? Good move for the Twinks. Didn't really see that one comin.

And I love when Ozzie speaks....today saying the Sock played worse than the LLWS teams.

He's the best.

Well, the tracker wasn't what I was getting at. Those things aren't always trustworthy, but the ball itself is in plain sight, which is why I put the photo up. It just sucks that the AAA umpire (yeah, he was making a spot appearance because some real umpire is on vacation) took the game out of the hands of the players. Yeah, that shit evens out over the course of the year. Human error is a big factor in this game. But it sucks to watch an entire game and have it end like that in the midst of a nice rally off an excellent closer. Back to back doubles by Pudge and El Caballo followed by Davis' would-be walk would have brought Certified-Impy-Man-Crush Elvis "the Hound Doggie" Andrus to the plate with the bases juiced down a run with two outs in the ninth. That's shit I want to see.

What really chaps my ass is that New Chris Davis laid off the fucking thing. In the first half, he swings at that pitch. But he got sent down partially due to his tremendous amount of strikeouts, came back up and is showing he improved. But then he gets hosed for it. Shit like this could affect how he swings the bat.

If you're calling up an ump from AAA, why wouldn't you put him at third base? Why would you put the most inexperienced ump at the most important position?

And I don't think I'll be allowing CJ Wilson to exist much longer.

I don't think I'll be buying a Jarrod Washburn Tigers jersey.

His super success this year was due to Safeco being a terrible hitter's park for righties and being a flyballers with 3 CFs in his outfield to track down just about everything. Detroit overpaid and got themselves a solid #4 starter (in most ballparks).

Just like when they traded Jair Jurrjens for Renteria. That one hurts too.

But on the bright side, he only gave up 6 runs before recording an out in the 1st inning. Could have been worse.

milton-bradley-cubs.jpg

I'll let you know when the loss of Luke French comes back to haunt us.

Actually, the more I was reading about that deal, French was just thrown in on the side. Robles is the guy we really got. 20 year old lefty power pitcher? Yes please.

Cubs fans even attempting smack talk amuses me.

At least Philbert is nice and well mannered.

I was at Wrigley last week and had a beer before hand with a 73 year old guy who was damn near the coolest baseball fan that I've ever met. If I could have convinced him, I would have skipped the game and watched it on the bar's tv with him.

Sucks to see them pretty much waving the white flag. Either would be a nice addition off the bench for some contender with prospects to spare.

Not that I want the Rangers going after them. Dye would be interesting, but the outfield is kind of full at the moment with Nellie, Byrd, El Caballo, and Cool Whip.

Boy, I hope Byrd sticks around this winter.

GAF, I need your bitches to win tonight.

Damn I hate writing that.

I wouldn't necessarily say I need a team that's only 5.5 out of the division to start winning, but, I see where you're comin from since the Twins do have the 1.5 game lead on us.

Be careful what you wish for is what I'm saying, I guess. There's a lot of baseball left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom