MLB 2008: The Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, at the two Cubs games, every time Manny came to bat, I had my own personal Nam-like flashbacks to Manny wrecking the Yankees. Can't believe Torre and Manny are in LA together.

By the way, at the two Cubs games, every time Manny came to bat, I had my own personal Nam-like flashbacks to Manny wrecking the Yankees. Can't believe Torre and Manny are in LA together.

That is hella irony isn't it. I'd never thought about that before.

Philly's announcers are top heavy: good play-by-play guys with Kalas and McCarthy, but a very average commentator in the Sarge and a nitwit in Wheeler.

They put their best color guy, Larry Andersen, on the radio. I don't get it.

I used to watch em and listen when I lived in PA. I would switch between the TV and radio to listen to Kalas.

Marty and Thom Brennanaman with Jeff Brantley in Cincy are pretty good. And being a homer, I enjoy Burt Blyleven (except when he starts circling people in the crowd) and Dick Bremer for the Twins. Herb Carneal was great too.

I will always remember tuning into WPIX 11 for Phil Rizzuto and the Yankees broadcast, or turningon WOR 9 to watch Kiner's Korner (the Met's post game).

Really now, that fifth-inning cameo by Dice-BB was completely unnecessary.

Since it's Aybar coming up, I wouldn't mind letting Dice-K pitch to him. Probably not to the top of the order though.

Crap. For once Scioscia made the right move against Boston.

Well, looks like the ump cost me $25 by not ringing up Torii Hunter on his check-swing during his last at-bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom