MLB 2006 - Spring has officially begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Crede, A.J. Pierzynski, Freddie Garcia and Neal Cotts have to get their hair cut. Or so says the Jerry Reinsdorf :giggle:

A.J. really needs it. Freddie is the only one opening bitching about it. He says his wife likes his hair which is code for "I really like my frosted tips and don't want to get rid of them but i don't want to admit it."

Hewson said:
Mariners 9, Good Guys 6.

You broke rule #3 of sports fandom: Don't feel confident or celebrate too soon cause you'll jinx the team. :wink:

I didn't celebrate the win, I just said Millwood looked good. As it turns out, it was Coco and CJ Wilson who blew the lead, not Millwood. I stand by what I said.

Our west coast friend has an apparent inferiority complex when it comes to his baseball team and the Red Sox.

He may be a bit delusional as well, he thought his Southern Oregon Angels of Eastern Pacific Ocean were getting manny Ramirez, now he thinks they can land Cabrera.
I believe the Angels's GM is named Stan D. Pat.

Not surprisingly after an anemic offense kept them from serious WS contention in 2004 and 2005, Stan D. Pat did nothing and that same anemic offense has them sub .500, plus BartloloRollo Colon hurt his arm at the buffet table and is on the DL, where he's sure to add a few more lbs.

inmyplace13 said:

I didn't celebrate the win, I just said Millwood looked good. As it turns out, it was Coco and CJ Wilson who blew the lead, not Millwood. I stand by what I said.
Rule #3 envelopes early celebration as well as early overconfidence...your post about Millwood and a 6-2 lead oozed of premature confidence.

Thus you (and only you, not the horrendous bullpen) caused the Rangers to lose. Quite simple. :wink:

randhail said:
When did the Angels join the eastern division? Or did they include Western New England into their name now too? :wink:

Only thing that matters is making it to the playoffs. The regular season is a formality. Angels are best in the west, Blowsox are best in the east. Angels are one bat away from being vastly superior to Boston.

Um yeeeeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with that vastly superior comment, but don't let me spoil your fun...continue celebrating 4/20 :wink:

pub crawler said:

Only thing that matters is making it to the playoffs. The regular season is a formality. Angels are best in the west, Blowsox are best in the east. Angels are one bat away from being vastly superior to Boston.

Just like you were one bat away in 2004 and 2005?

:lol:

former MLB player Derek Bell has been busted in Tampa w/ cocaine possesion and parafinalia.....apparently, a warm crack pipe.

What's up w/ former players chillin' in Tampa w/ crack?:crack:

Derrek Lee is out 2-3 months with a wrist injury. I'd be pretty amazed if the Cubs can keep up their current pace without him.

If the Mets can play as hard as they party, they should be set for the World Series.

Unfortunately, we hear General Manager Omar Minaya isn't cheering the behavior of some players who got together recently to toast third-base coach Manny Acta.

Minaya is said to be especially vexed by pitcher Jorge Julio. According to a source, "Jorge was lying on a bar getting shots poured down his throat. People were taking pictures."

Julio wasn't alone in the revelry, but he may get the most grief. The hurler's miserable performance has prompted fans to boo him almost every time he has taken the mound at Shea. After giving up the three final runs in a loss to the Brewers last week, he admitted, "Nothing is working right now."

The bar report comes after management got the former Oriole in a trade for Kris Benson, whose mouthy sex-bomb wife, Anna, was seen as an embarrassment.

Word is Minaya phoned in his displeasure to the agents of several Mets who were at Acta's party. Asked about Julio's demeanor at the bar, his agent, Diego Bentz, told us: "I wasn't there. I don't know what to say."

Mets spokesman Jay Horowitz denied Minaya was upset. "We're aware there was a party honoring Manny Acta," he said. "We're not aware of the details you mentioned."

buehrle's not going anywhere. he probably will end up with the cardinals at some point, but he's happy in chicago and I would expect him to stay there for at least the next few years.

he will either be a free agent this or next season with an option for this upcoming season. i dont think hes made it any secret that he wants to pitch for the cardinals someday and that someday is gonna be comin up quickly. :wink:

StlElevation said:
he will either be a free agent this or next season with an option for this upcoming season. i dont think hes made it any secret that he wants to pitch for the cardinals someday and that someday is gonna be comin up quickly. :wink:

Keep dreamin. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom