MLB 2006 - Spring has officially begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
while i don't like the whole wagner thing... i am enjoying this team quite a bit thus far.

duaner sanchez is quite good... the jae seo trade has worked out... the kris benson for jorge julio trade on the other hand, not so much. i don't think julio will be pitching much anymore though... the combo of sanchez, chad bradford with his 82 mile per hour submarine fastball followed with his 60 mile per hour changeup, heilman and obviously wagner... all setting up quite nicely. xavier nady looks like he may be ready to break out in the way san diego hoped he would 2 years ago... reyes is the fastest man in baseball, delgado is a beast, i have a man crush on david wright, loduca's got some balls, julio franco has befriended carlos beltran as a father figure... which he actually might be old enough to be his father... and bannister looks like he could be a solid #5 starter.

i'm getting quite excited...

i went to the game last night... got some tickets off of stub hub, 3 rows from the field in between third base and the left field wall... and got 'em for under face value too. certainly won't be the last time i'm doing that... and after the absolute ball i had with the rest of the fans out there ripping on alfonso soriano, i'm headed straight to stub hub to see if i can snag the same tickets for when bonds comes to town :drool:

delgado is a beast. as long as he stays healthy, and seeing as he's been relatively healthy his entire career, knock on wood, he's going to have a monster year. he hits the ball so hard and so far it doesn't really matter that he's playing at a "pitcher's park." skydome and whatever the florida stadium is called these days certainly aren't hitter friendly, and he did quite well there.

and mr. wright is simply turning into an RBI machine... if a guy's on base he tends to pick him up more often than not, which is why i still think beltran should move to the 2 slot and wright should bat third... then you can bat loduca either 7th or 8th... i'd like to bat him 8th to have a good contact hitter before the pitcher bats, but putting anderson 7th leaves zero protection for floyd. either way, wright should deffinetly be batting third and beltran should go to the two hole, where he can use his speed more effectively.

the whitesox need to tip their hats to the royals then get slapped in the face for losing to them

Numb1075 said:
I think that Willie will tinker w/ the line up.

I agree.

And I couldnt agree more on Julio. I know its only the first week of the season but he def. looks like the weak link.

Bannister looks like he has tons of potential and the lineup looks like everyone fits somewhere. There is no absurdity (like marlon anderson hitting fourth, or M. Johnson hitting third, lol)

Ive been out of town and just saw the new model of the new stadium, love the outfield setup, wow.

Can I already call into work for mets opening day 2009?????:drool: :drool: :drool:

Whos with me????

If this Red Sox pitching staff stays healthy and performs like it did this first week (minus Wakefield - you never know what you're gonna get with him), they just might be able to win as many games as the last few years without having to score a gazillion runs each time...

phanan said:
If this Red Sox pitching staff stays healthy and performs like it did this first week (minus Wakefield - you never know what you're gonna get with him), they just might be able to win as many games as the last few years without having to score a gazillion runs each time...

agreed... if schilling and becket stay healthy, the red sox are gonna win the AL East. perhaps we'll get an 86 rematch, 20 years on? :hmm: maybe buckner can throw out the first pitch :drool:

From the LA Times:

Must-watch TV: Wednesday night's Mets at Nationals, Pedro Martinez pitching, Jose Guillen batting third. Guillen has been hit by Martinez pitches five times in his career, twice Thursday night at Shea Stadium. Guillen, to the Washington Post: "You know what? If I get hit again, it's going to get real ugly if he's pitching. Sooner or later he's going to get hurt. I can guarantee you that."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-brown9apr09,1,5433707.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Yea, It looks like hes fully back and that was a great move for the sox.

Buehhrle was pretty impressive today as well..........

Mr. BAW said:
Any historians remember this journeyman from the 1980's...

rusty_kuntz_autograph.jpg

Hey Rusty had a career year in 84 when the Tigers won it all....
Of course no one could do no wrong that year 35-5....

hey i'm in the middle of nowhere with no cable tv and the only baseball i can get on the radio are the royals games (that and husker baseball!). anyways, can anyone fill me in on who the first place team in the nl west is?

Oh yeah....
colorado-rockies.jpg

So, I switch from Dish Network to Cablevision last wednesday for a few reasons but the main reason was because Dish Network did not carry the new Mets channel, SNY.

So I get a courtesy call from Dish network on Friday evening. The gentleman asks me if the main reason why I am disconnecting service is because I can not get SNY. I say "yes". He says, "well, we just signed the deal today and you can watch the Mets on channel 438. So I turn it on and sure enough, the mets were on.

:mad:

Angels have pitching coming out of their ass. Bosox would do well to offer Manny straight up for Juan Rivera and Jered Weaver. Weaver has looked fantastic this spring -- he's in triple A -- and scioscia said he'd have no problem pitching him in a major league game. Sox would pay at least 90% of Manny's remaining salary in my scenario.

pub crawler said:
Angels have pitching coming out of their ass. Bosox would do well to offer Manny straight up for Juan Rivera and Jered Weaver. Weaver has looked fantastic this spring -- he's in triple A -- and scioscia said he'd have no problem pitching him in a major league game. Sox would pay at least 90% of Manny's remaining salary in my scenario.
Thanks for the laugh.

You have noticed the Bosox' 5-1 start and outstanding pitching right?

Your Western Arizona Angies of Southern Oregon aren't getting Manny and the lack of hitting on that team will leave them mired around .500 and out of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom