MLB '08, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yankee tradition continues...

38856095.jpg

And Big Papi got his cast off, so I'm looking forward to more of this...

04ALCSgame4OrtizDavidHR.jpg

Headache sure likes to post in here. :wink:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,004
User Name Posts
Headache in a Suitcase 202
CTU2fan 82
No spoken words 78
phanan 77
Hewson 75
speedracer 60
GirlsAloudFan 55
the tourist 55
randhail 49
Dalton 44
DaveC 34
zonelistener 29
John Lackey 27
MrPryck2U 25
theFly51 22
WildHoneyAlways 15
Got Philk? 11
phillyfan26 11
FullonEdge2 10
zoney! 9
Numb1075 5
lazarus 5
bono_212 4
corianderstem 4
U2ME3 4
hardyharhar 2
KBRY 2
UberBeaver 2
Hulk Hogan 1
Spunn 1
KhanadaRhodes 1
shari schultz 1
ET 1
2861U2 1

some notes from my first trip to Wrigley...

--Wrigleyville is friggin awesome. the atmosphere is amazing, the bars are great... i could only wish when they rip apart Willets Point (the junkyard area adjacent to shea/citi) that they come even remotely close to the type of environment the cubs have around wrigley field.
--i've never peed in a troth before.
--great atmosphere to watch a game and all... but i must say, anyone who thinks the cubs/white sox series is comparable to the mets/yankees series doesn't know what they're talking about. having experienced both now, i have to say that the intentsity level of mets/yankees is at least twice that of what i saw last night, in the stands at least. that's not suppose to be a knock or anything just is what it is... firstly the place was about 90% cub fans, and the few white sox fans who were there were pretty much left alone. there weren't really any chanting going back and forth and arguments and fights or any of that like you see at the subway series... it was really just a cubs love fest with a smattering of polite white sox applause here and there. there was a great and unique atmosphere about the entire neighborhood, ballpark and game included, but it didn't have that playoff atmosphere that you get at a subway series game.

that said... i'd trade the intense atmosphere and willets point's scrap yards for the wrigleyville bars any day... even if it meant that i had to get along with all the no good yankee fans in attendance.

Thanks for the pic and the report, Headache. I'm bummed that I might not get to see a game at Wrigley this year, esp. if they go on to take it all.

Also, there's a billboard in the background that says "Loser Buys".

I'll have a Jameson on the rocks, GAF.

Thanks for the pic and the report, Headache. I'm bummed that I might not get to see a game at Wrigley this year, esp. if they go on to take it all.

Also, there's a billboard in the background that says "Loser Buys".

I'll have a Jameson on the rocks, GAF.

I fucking walk on down to Wrigley anytime I go see the Cubs. Not bad, living one mile away. Also, I run no real risk of bumping into a drunken GAF there, due to his Sox allegiance.

some notes from my first trip to Wrigley...

--Wrigleyville is friggin awesome. the atmosphere is amazing, the bars are great... i could only wish when they rip apart Willets Point (the junkyard area adjacent to shea/citi) that they come even remotely close to the type of environment the cubs have around wrigley field.
--i've never peed in a troth before.
--great atmosphere to watch a game and all... but i must say, anyone who thinks the cubs/white sox series is comparable to the mets/yankees series doesn't know what they're talking about. having experienced both now, i have to say that the intentsity level of mets/yankees is at least twice that of what i saw last night, in the stands at least. that's not suppose to be a knock or anything just is what it is... firstly the place was about 90% cub fans, and the few white sox fans who were there were pretty much left alone. there weren't really any chanting going back and forth and arguments and fights or any of that like you see at the subway series... it was really just a cubs love fest with a smattering of polite white sox applause here and there. there was a great and unique atmosphere about the entire neighborhood, ballpark and game included, but it didn't have that playoff atmosphere that you get at a subway series game.

that said... i'd trade the intense atmosphere and willets point's scrap yards for the wrigleyville bars any day... even if it meant that i had to get along with all the no good yankee fans in attendance.

As a guy that has lived in both cities and attended multiple Met/Yankee and Sox/Cubs games, I agree that the intensity is higher out in NYC. However, I've also attended many Angel/Dodger and A's/Giants games, and Chicago blows those both away.

But, Yankee and Shea stadiums wish they had a pre and post-game atmosphere like Wrigleyville does.

Glad you enjoyed it, Headache.

I was in Chicago yesterday, but not for the game, and I saw that Rainbow over Lake Michigan. I can't believe you took such an amazing pic Headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom