MLB '08, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know. It kind of makes me have even more respect for the guy.

That bullpen last night, yeesh. Timlin is off the DL and after last night's performance I'm almost looking forward to seeing him. Almost.

No doubt but I'm not sure where they can get somebody. It's maddening because they seem to have a bunch of guys who have great stuff but when they're bad they're really bad. Huston Street I suppose might be a possibility.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I've just scored the login and password to an MLB.TV account. I'm sure you guys have heard of this thing...you can watch EVERY game on your computer. Out of market or not, whatever. It's really cool.

I thought I would share it with you, my friends. I don't want to just broadcast the login and password in this post but if you want to E-mail me I will hook you up.

jreimer8@gmail.com

LOL....Joe Borowski finally loses the closer role for teh Tribe. Jesus Christ, that guy is a fucking nightmare of a reliever.

Always extra sweet when the Phils sweep the Braves...at home nonetheless. Of course, if the Braves somehow figured out how to join the AL, we'd never beat them.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I've just scored the login and password to an MLB.TV account. I'm sure you guys have heard of this thing...you can watch EVERY game on your computer. Out of market or not, whatever. It's really cool.

I thought I would share it with you, my friends. I don't want to just broadcast the login and password in this post but if you want to E-mail me I will hook you up.

jreimer8@gmail.com

I've got the Extra Innings package for DirecTV already, but thanks for offering. Being a Yankees fan, but being away from NYC for the last 11 years has made that package a necessity for me.

Always extra sweet when the Phils sweep the Braves...at home nonetheless. Of course, if the Braves somehow figured out how to join the AL, we'd never beat them.

How you doin', Nate?

It's a shame that, no matter how well the Phillies do, they're most certainly going to lose the Series because they cannot hit AL pitching.

How you doin', Nate?

It's a shame that, no matter how well the Phillies do, they're most certainly going to lose the Series because they cannot hit AL pitching.

Yeah, the American Leaugue is just plain better. I hate to say it, but yeah...put us in the series right now, and it might be painful to watch. Maybe if we get all our guys firing on all cylinders at the same time, we'll have a chance. It's been a fun year so far, though! (A top-of-the-line starter would be a nice trade deadline pickup, too)

:up:

Let's play a game called "Uninformed Summary Judgment". This is the game in which we look around the MLB and try to guess which players used to be juicing and are now but are struggling now that they have cycled off. You don't need any evidence.

I'll start us off:

1. Travis Hafner
2. Miguel Cabrera (seriously that fucker is nothing more than a singles hitter at this point.)
3. Mark Prior (just take this one as fact)
4. Carlos Delgado
5. Vernon Wells

Ok, your turn.

there seems to be a patter developing with the indians... they do well, then they become a trendy world series pick, at which point they blow, so everyone forgets about them, so the next year they're good again, thus the following year they're a trendy world series pick again, and thus they suck once again.

place your bets for a playoff bid for cleveland next year now.

Shit, I forgot my number 1: Dontrel Willis - all the pundits talk about him losing control. That's bullshit. He's not throwing the ball in the strike zone because he knows when he does he gets S-H-E-L-L-E-D. He's got no stuff. At all.

Let's play a game called "Uninformed Summary Judgment". This is the game in which we look around the MLB and try to guess which players used to be juicing and are now but are struggling now that they have cycled off. You don't need any evidence.

I'll start us off:

1. Travis Hafner
2. Miguel Cabrera (seriously that fucker is nothing more than a singles hitter at this point.)
3. Mark Prior (just take this one as fact)
4. Carlos Delgado
5. Vernon Wells

Ok, your turn.

i dislike this game. carlos delgado is still large as fuck. his bat speed has slowed, as tends to happen to your average mid 30's slugger and has absolutely nothing to do with cycling off.

honestly... the whole steroid thing is just a ploy at this point. if you honestly want to look at a drug that is now banned that is affecting every day players and is a large reason why teams are doing so poorly on the road this season, look at the ban of amphetamines... a drug that even the great willie mays took. there is your reason.

i dislike this game. carlos delgado is still large as fuck. his bat speed has slowed, as tends to happen to your average mid 30's slugger and has absolutely nothing to do with cycling off.

Looking at his numbers (15hrs only a .235 avg) I can get behind your explanation. He's still cranking them when he hits it, he just can't hit it.

I still stand behind my top two along with Willis though.

Does anyone have a good bead on when - exactly - the Indians began to suck the wild ass of a dirty dog?

Ummmm....

belle-clev.jpg

?

so around 4ish this afternoon, the mets up 1-0, bottom 8, runners on 1st and 2nd... jerr. e manuel (as opposed to charl e. manuel) makes a pitching change, bringing in feliciano to face ryan howard.

3 hours later feliciano strikes howard out on 3 pitches (howard really is a joke), and jerr comes out to make another pitching change.

there have been some very strange rain delays in this series... mind you, they played friday night through a steady rain without a single rain delay, had a rain delay yesterday with no rain, and now had a 3 hour rain delay in the middle of a crucial part of the late innings.

damn you, al gore. :shakesangryfist:

Headache: Did I tell you that I was coming up to New York to see the Phils-Mets series at Shea this month?

I wasn't thinking of it in those terms, but even unintentional, I suppose I'm now a part of this cause.

I mean, it's our fault we cannot fill our own stadium. Some of our fans cannot put two and two together to figure that out, though.

Wow. By my expert estimation, the Brewers are now the odds-on favorite to win the NL Central.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom