Mixed Drinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cynica

The Fly
What do y'all like to drink? I just been learning how to mix drinks (with generous help from thebar.com) and am thinking about bartending as a career.

fddkSpiritsBy_NameAllKetel_One_Vodka.jpg

:drool: :drool:

+

CJC_Group.jpg

=

:drunk: :drunk:

:heart:

You know ur son's a great bartender when he HAD to cut his dad off! Case in point, Mr. BAW's 50th Birthday...the mrs and I booked at room up at the Hilton Hotel adjacent to Universal Studios and City Walk where DMP was working at the time...the mrs and I went to a Mariachi Festival at the Hollywood Bowl and planned to spent the night at the Hilton, AFTER getting drinks from my son!!! :up: went to his bar, he fixed his Dad up and down..cut me off about 3 hours later cause he claimed I was shit-faced..come on, it was only OJ and Vodka...how many? oh, who's counting!

What a 50th B-day party!!! :heart: my son the bartender, my wife and Mariachi fest....uhh,,,we'll leave U2 and crazy driving out of this post! (that's me below in the red Porsche!) :shrug: What?????? :lol:

For relaxation: G&T, or various brands of scotch
For getting hammered: 40 of anything, Wildcat for the brave
For a little bit of both: Carlsberg beer

As far as mixed drinks, I have a soft spot for fruity girly drinks with umbrellas and large pieces of fruit in them :wink:

Last edited:
Citron Kamikaze

3/4 oz. Absolut Citron
3/4 oz. triple Sec
3/4 oz. Lime Juice

Pour Absolut Citron, Triple Sec and lime juice over ice in a glass. Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass. Serve straight-up or on the rocks. Garnish with a wedge of lime.

absolut-citron.jpg

:up:

vodka & tonic w/ lime :up:

I also go for long island iced teas once in a while:

1 part Vodka
1 part Tequila
1 part Rum
1 part Gin
1 part Triple sec
1 1/2 part Sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola

however, it's very easy to mess this drink up, you just have to find that bartender who can get it right.

it's a sippin' drink, that's for sure :drunk:

Sicy said:

As a matter of fact, a hot bartender made me one of the best lemon drops I've ever had! :drool:

purrrrrrr baby!!!

try this one
its called Ricky's red apple martini
1/2 oz ketel one
1/2 oz apple pucker
1/2 oz midori
splash of cranberry juice
splash lime juice
splash sprite

this is one sexy martini.

Mr. BAW said:
You know ur son's a great bartender when he HAD to cut his dad off! Case in point, Mr. BAW's 50th Birthday...the mrs and I booked at room up at the Hilton Hotel adjacent to Universal Studios and City Walk where DMP was working at the time...the mrs and I went to a Mariachi Festival at the Hollywood Bowl and planned to spent the night at the Hilton, AFTER getting drinks from my son!!! :up: went to his bar, he fixed his Dad up and down..cut me off about 3 hours later cause he claimed I was shit-faced..come on, it was only OJ and Vodka...how many? oh, who's counting!

What a 50th B-day party!!! :heart: my son the bartender, my wife and Mariachi fest....uhh,,,we'll leave U2 and crazy driving out of this post! (that's me below in the red Porsche!) :shrug: What?????? :lol:

Kids :madwife: :wink:

This is a two-part shooter and is easiest done with the help of someone else.
INGREDIENTS:

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Sambuca
1 oz. Blue Curacao
1 oz. Milk or Half & Half
PREPARATION:

Combine Kahlua & sambuca in a large rocks glass, flame. Pour the blue curacao & milk in separate shot glasses. Drink the flaming mixture with a straw & as the drink is almost gone, pour the blue curacao & milk in the glass & continue to drink through the straw.

the way i used to drink it in south africa was slightly different - firstly we used an extra shot of stuff called stroh rum (austrian/german drink either 60 or 80% proof and very flamable!) and you'd start with that in the glass.
and we used to do it so you only had one in the glass at the time. as you finish each lot the barman pours the next one in (kahlua) and the next one in (sambuca) and the next one (blue caracao) finally finishing with a shot of cream (not milk) to "settle" the whole lot.

i'm very proud to announce that with a record of approximately 3 seconds i have never been beaten at a flaming lamborghini (except for the time i had to forfeit because the flames jumped back up out the glass and burnt my eyelashes!) :D

the most important part of the drink...?
the barman! you got have someone who's gonna keep up with you and pour as quick as you're drinking - nothing worse then getting behind in a flaming lamborghini because the barman wasn't up to the task!

The only variation of a lemon drop I've ever had went like this:

Lemon Drop #2 recipe

1 shot Absolut® Citron vodka
1 slice lemon
1 tsp sugar

Place sugar on lemon, place in mouth and take shot, then bite down on lemon.

(drinksmixer.com)

It was yum
:drool:

DeadMansParty said:

purrrrrrr baby!!!

try this one
its called Ricky's red apple martini
1/2 oz ketel one
1/2 oz apple pucker
1/2 oz midori
splash of cranberry juice
splash lime juice
splash sprite

this is one sexy martini.

You're making me that next time I come down :drool:

randhail said:
Can you call an Irish Car Bomb a mixed drink?

:drool: :drool: :drool:
:heart:

Anything with Bailey's is fantastic! :heart:

White Russians ain't too shabby, either. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom