mix CD of contemporary traditional (oxymoron much?) celtic music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've been planning this out for a long time, but I can't work the details of it out. I know most of the bands or artists I'm going to have, I just don't know what songs for some. Also, when I say contemporary I mean in the last 30 or so years, so's that I can include some Dubliners and Chieftans. And even The Corrs are gonna show up on this one, since they do traditional Irish numbers and not just shiny pop songs. Songs with heavy traditional Irish instrumentation and arrangement also useful. Any celtic infused punk has to be primarily celtic in that particular song's arrangement.

Flogging Molly- Rare Ould Times, Grace of God Go I, Devil's Dance Floor, or To Youth (My Sweet Roisin Dubh)

The Pogues- If I Should Fall From Grace with God, Dirty Old Town, Sick Bed of Cuchullain, The Irish Rover, or Sally MacLenanne

Dropkick Murphys- (I'd prefer something with Al and Ken (as opposed to just Ken, but I LOVE FoA), and one with Mike) Finnegan's Wake, Fields of Athenry, Black Velvet Band, The Wild Rover or Rocky Road to Dublin.

The Corrs- Lough Erin Shore or Joy of Life/Trout in the Bath

The Chieftans- Not sure just yet.

Dubliners- Rare Old Mountain Dew or The Irish Rover (w/ The Pogues)

Carbon Leaf- The Boxer

Mighty Mighty Bosstones- Riot on Broad Street

Greenland Whalefisheries- Father MacClean

U2- Tomorrow

I think I had more in mind, but they've escaped me. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Ciao.

Back
Top Bottom