mini disc player problems....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
i just recorded the audio off matchbox 20's live bright lights video clip and i got some problems.....

i listened to it while it was recording it sounded fine, then i played it back and it didnt sound great....its kinda hard to explain, i guess one way of explaning it would be, theres quite a few skips here and there....
does my MD prehaps need cleaning?

How are you recording it, directly or through a computer? What kind of cables are you using, digital or analog?

ok, i'm using the cables which used to run my old computers audio, they've worked fine upuntil today....
I plug one purple end into the tv heaphone slot, and then the other purple end into the line in part of my mini disc
my MD only supports analouge recording, its a Sony MZ-R90

Hmm, you may just want to try it again, and make sure to clean the cd off. My MD's have done weird things kinda like that before, and I'll try it again and it will be fine. Who knows.

Was it a brand new disc, sometimes if it's an old disc you've erased things on, etc, they can go kinda bad.

the disc i guess would be a month or so old, and its only been used once before.....but i'll clean the disc, and try again

Oh yeah, make sure the power jack is stable when you're recording too. Power surges can do weird stuff like that too.

Who knows, I'd just try again. Hopefully it will fix itself.

hi,

again having the same problems
recorded a powderfinger show last night , and its skipps all the way though....both were brand new TDK MD's

there are skips all the way though and most of the time the audio stops for a good 30 seconds
i hope i can get some sort of cleaner, and then it will playback fine..because the audio and the show were exellent

Is it layoing down track marks where they shoudln't be? if it is...it's a USB issue.

If in fact it's just skipping and it's not the MD itself it might be the laser in teh MD it might have been scrathed (though I dont' know how) or something might be on it. It dould potentially be a loose mounting bracket within the MD player as well in that it's not holding the disc steady.

Interesting...Please let us know what you find the problem to be.

I hope you bought the extended warranty...90 percent of the time they are rip offs but on things I can't fix myself (ala md players) they are worth it.

You can by MD lens and head cleaners. The are about $25 each, but well worth it in the long run. Have you tried recording in the same manner from a different source, like a cd player?

yes i have tried that it seemed to play fine...

Arun V said:
Interesting...Please let us know what you find the problem to be.

I hope you bought the extended warranty...90 percent of the time they are rip offs but on things I can't fix myself (ala md players) they are worth it.

i purchased the recorder from ebay

you never actually see many people with mini-disk players, they arnt very popular. stick to cd players, i say!
hell, if i used a mini disk player, id loose the mini disks the second i get them, lol.....i loose enough cd's as it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom