Mini David Bowie Survivor: ★ era, round 1, take deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vote for yer least fav song

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lazarus

• Girl Loves Me

• Dollar Days

• I Can't Give Everything Away

• When I Met You

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Well had I known they'd put the other three songs on an EP I wouldn't have started this a few days ago!

Anyway those songs are now all on the No Plan EP, which is available everywhere, so no excuses for not having heard them.

Vote for your least favourite, tell us why, I'll leave this open for three days so people can get acquainted with the tracks :)

I assume the vote for Blackstar was GAF trolling.

Anyway those songs are now all on the No Plan EP, which is available everywhere

No Plan? More like No Pay!

IMG_1661.jpg
Seriously though, the guy's dead and his family certainly doesn't need the money...

Listened to the new songs today.

None of them blew me away, but I can say I liked them all more than Sue (or In A Season Of Crime).

Wow really? What's your issue with Sue?

I quite like No Plan. Don't think I'd take any of them over any of the tracks from the album proper though.

Outside is definitely this record's spiritual cousin. Such a shame that we'll never see what would have come of Eno & Bowie revisiting that album.

I agree. I love just how sinister it sounds during the verses.

Voted for "No Plan." It's the only meh track here to me.

I'm also going to that Celebrating David Bowie tribute show tonight in NYC, featuring much of his studio/live band musicians from throughout his career. Plus special guests, so we'll see who turns up.

I think Sue sounds like a pale imitation of Outside/Earthling's territory.

Just doesn't do anything for me.

I prefer the version of Sue on the Nothing Has Changed compilation, but it's still great on Blackstar itself. Also suggests his health battles as far back as 2014: "Sue, the clinic called; the x-ray's fine."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom