Midget Male Singers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corner

Acrobat
:hmm:Seeing as we seem to have entered a recent 'height' (or lack thereof) theme, has anyone noticed that there are a disproportionate number of small bloke singers?

Our main man, Thom Yorke, James Dean Bradfield, Michael Stipe and Anthony Kiedis to name but a few.
Maybe I'm just trying to find an excuse for my pathetic singing voice, being 6ft 4...:sigh:

Anymore teeny tiny singers you folks can think of?

it''s called "short man syndrome"
shorter guys feel the need to compensate so they tend to be outoing and loud and, dare i use the words, attention seeking...
hence the reason they make great front men :yes:
a lot of actors are quite short too...

well thats the theory at least :shrug: :wink:

Last edited:
digsy said:
it''s called "short man syndrome"
shorter guys feel the need to compensate so they tend to be outoing and loud and, dare i use the words, attention seeking...
hence the reason they make great front men :yes:
a lot of actors are quite short too...

well thats the theory at least :shrug: :wink:

I've often heard it called the Napoleonic complex. I have a touch of it, but not enough to take over the world. Just my little corner of it :mac: I guess you could say that I grew out of it :giggle: I was under 5' until I was 13.

I think that some of the most awful mass-murders were short. Stalin, Hitler...

Word to the wise, don't pick on the little guy... he might grow up to be a ruthless dictator or a Pop star :wink:

Billie Joe Armstrong, Bono of course ( as heavily discussed), Mick Jagger come to think of it most of my favorite front men are short:wink:

Whoah, that is seriously short! I'd imagine Bono would appreciate having him as a close buddy, if only to have someone to look down on.:wink:

I'm 4'10" bugger off :mad:

...only kidding. sort of. yea being this short you sort of have to grow a larger-than-life personality or attitude because people treat you like a little kid otherwise. it's annoying as hell.

as for singers... there was the late Joe C, who rapped with Kid Rock.. he and I share the same disease, celiac sprue.. his was much more severe than mine and caused a lot more problems for him, including his "midget" stature; he also suffered from diabetes and other issues which led to his death at such a young age.

Stallone and Schwarzenegger are considered "short"... 5'8" or less both of them.

and lemme just say, the B-man ain't any 5'8". I stood RIGHT in front of him at a DATA rally.. nuh-uh. he could've stood on my shoulders and both of us together wouldn't have been taller than Dikembe Mutombo... *chuckles*

wolfeden said:
Stallone and Schwarzenegger are considered "short"... 5'8" or less both of them.

Stallone, yes. Schwartzenegger, no.

Danzig is supposedly like 5'1" or something. No one really knows.

I'm a 5' 7" gal, and in the mid 70's [at different times] I stood next to 2 other of the best rock & roll frontmen/singers in the world who were just around my height-- Roger Daltry and Bruce Springsteen.

Had that not happened- I never would of guessed...they are so dynamic on stage! I was suprised!

Bono is not on the celeb list at http://www.shortsupport.org/index.html

if he is indeed 5'7" set against the US' distribution of height Bono is at the bottom 30%, but as the median lies at 5'8.5" he cannot be labelled short.

Note however that the median for Northwestern Europe is probably a good 2" higher. Here in the Netherlands men between 20 and 60 are on average even taller than 5'11.5" (for men between 25 and 35 average is 6'0.5")

as for Ah-nuld there are rumors of him being 5'8" In Hollywood everybody is flexible with numbers such as age, height, IQ, blood-alcohol% etc. Furthermore it is quite common to list height with shoes on for driver's license and other biographical info. This alone adds 1"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom