Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cin

Blue Crack Addict
in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smilin
So far, we've been to:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- Twatt, Shetland
- Fingeringhoe, Essex
- Blowhard, Victoria
- Orange Free State, South Africa

Next in our journey is Middle Intercourse Island, located in Western Australia. There's also an East and West Intercourse Island for you fact checkers. Researching led to lots of other quite rude names and not much else. . . . . .

Last edited:
Total Posts: 1,024
User Posts
Axver 258
the tourist 181
phillyfan26 177
LemonMelon 85
KhanadaRhodes 80
Screwtape2 52
RavenBlue 29
RegularBonoFan 29
mysterious_jen 28
liamcool 25
Varitek 18
unico 16
cinnaminson 14
coolian2 11
Alisaura 8
Sicy 7
The Sad Punk 4
TranceEnding 2

LemonMelon said:
So, just out of curiosity, do you consider the idea of anonymous playlists to be a good one?
i guess, although for a lot of people i think it'll be obvious who it is. i mean, i think looking at my playlist, it's pretty obvious it's mine. anonymous playlists might prevent favouritism, but in a lot of cases, you can always tell who's playlist is who's.

OK, one more LMP-related complaint and I'm done, because I like him personally and his list really isn't bad:

He included the Aimee Mann version of One (Is The Loneliest Number). Her version is garbage compared to the original Three Dog Night version. But hey, what a shock, it's from a soundtrack! :happy: :angry: He's probably never heard the original.

hal9000.jpg

KhanadaRhodes said:

i guess, although for a lot of people i think it'll be obvious who it is. i mean, i think looking at my playlist, it's pretty obvious it's mine. anonymous playlists might prevent favouritism, but in a lot of cases, you can always tell who's playlist is who's.

Would you have known mine was mine if my name wasn't attached?

KhanadaRhodes said:

I know what you mean. Honestly, how are people NOT going to know who uploaded some of them?

"Agalloch, Porcupine Tree, Neil Finn, The Shadows...MUST BE CUTE IRISH BONO!"

LemonMelon said:

I know what you mean. Honestly, how are people NOT going to know who uploaded some of them?

:lmao:

I think LemonMacPhisto is going to win it all again. The best playlists are really pushing Interference. No one is making a greatest hits collection except LMP. Every playlist I've seen has a few songs that people won't like including my own.

LemonMelon said:

:lol:

the only way i could ever participate in an anonymous desert island is if i did no duran duran and no finns whatsoever. and that'd be hard :sad:

my playlist would be totally different if i couldn't include any of them, and people could probably still guess it was mine :lol:

My goodness I don't like some of Bono212's picks. Blink 182. Really?

Screwtape2 said:
I think LemonMacPhisto is going to win it all again. The best playlists are really pushing Interference. No one is making a greatest hits collection except LMP. Every playlist I've seen has a few songs that people won't like including my own.

Um, I don't really think his playlist is even good. :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:
it's a shame.

LemonMelon said:
OK, one more LMP-related complaint and I'm done, because I like him personally and his list really isn't bad:

He included the Aimee Mann version of One (Is The Loneliest Number). Her version is garbage compared to the original Three Dog Night version. But hey, what a shock, it's from a soundtrack! :happy: :angry: He's probably never heard the original.

Have you ever thought maybe you should vote for the other person because they spent more time than going through soundtracks to find their playlists?

I have. :reject:

the tourist said:

Um, I don't really think his playlist is even good. :shrug:

You're going to be in the minority, I fear.

But, to be fair, he only has 5 songs from soundtracks this time out. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

Have you ever thought maybe you should vote for the other person because they spent more time than going through soundtracks to find their playlists?

So you like the idea of not thinking this through? That's what I get from that statement.

Screwtape2 said:

:lol: Yeah, I've felt bad about that. I see these really impressive-looking lists and then look at my own and...yeah. Guilt creeps up.

BTW, I feel like an idiot for saying he didn't know Three Dog Night's version of One...his playlist has a song by that band right on it. :eeklaugh:

the tourist said:

So you like the idea of not thinking this through? That's what I get from that statement.

No I mean I will tend to vote for something that had more effort. Too much of LMP's choices come from soundtracks. I just wonder sometimes if the deciding factor in a close match should be that lack of effort.

LemonMelon said:

You're going to be in the minority, I fear.

But, to be fair, he only has 5 songs from soundtracks this time out. :wink:

His playlist reads like something one of those pretentious Pitchfork motherfuckers would've come up with.

KhanadaRhodes said:
all this soundtrack discussion has got me to thinking...am i the only one who doesn't really have a lot of soundtracks? i have ~6-7 soundtracks. that's it.

I have The Blues Brothers, Grease, Oh Brother Where Art Though, The Commitments I & II, Forrest Gump and that's about it. But if we were talking about Best of's. . . . .oh mama, I've got a bunch of those

KhanadaRhodes said:
all this soundtrack discussion has got me to thinking...am i the only one who doesn't really have a lot of soundtracks? i have ~6-7 soundtracks. that's it.

Same here. Forrest Gump, The Spy Who Shagged Me, Superfly (which may or may not count), Rattle & Hum...uh...and maybe just a few others.

KhanadaRhodes said:
I've got about that many. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom