Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

i have yet to hear a radiohead song that i like.
down.gif

Yeah, Thom Yorke's voice fucks up even those songs that in theory should be worthwhile.

Axver said:

No shit. Bloody hell, could that album possibly be mixed any worse?

HOW COULD ANY BAND RELEASE AN ALBUM WITH OBVIOUS AUDIO CLIPPING?!

Lots of bands do. It's industry sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. (I didn't know how to spell it so I decided to make it exaggerated)

Axver said:

Yeah, Thom Yorke's voice fucks up even those songs that in theory should be worthwhile.

His voice reminds me of Sigur Ros and Muse.

KhanadaRhodes said:

when we went back to his place he put on dave matthews band :no:

:lol:

I'm not jerking you around with that smiley; I actually did laugh out loud just now.

Well, at least his tastes were easy on the ears. Don't want to get involved with those Cannibal Corpse people. :yes:

the tourist said:

Lots of bands do. It's industry sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. (I didn't know how to spell it so I decided to make it exaggerated)

... chic?

But ugh, the clipping really does not help Crumbs one bit.

the tourist said:

His voice reminds me of Sigur Ros and Muse.

I've never listened to Sigur Ros much. I love pre-BHAR Muse. Matt Bellamy gets it right. Thom Yorke sounds like three cats being strangled.

LemonMelon said:
:lol:

I'm not jerking you around with that smiley; I actually did laugh out loud just now.

Well, at least his tastes were easy on the ears. Don't want to get involved with those Cannibal Corpse people. :yes:
:lol: i suppose, but still. it was just so clichéd!! it was like "i'm gonna put on crash into me, let's make out." come on! put a little effort into it.

should i mention it wasn't until that moment i realised it was actually a date? the whole time before i thought he was gay :reject:

Axver said:

... chic?

But ugh, the clipping really does not help Crumbs one bit.

I'm sleepy. Don't expect me to spell. :wink: Anyway, yeah. He also, though, likes a lot of stuff I'm sure you wouldn't. Though I'll soon be getting all of Joy Division's album's from him. And lots of Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Echo & The Bunnymen, Tears For Fears, etc. Oh and Ryan Adams' entire catalogue.

Axver said:

Man, he really was a great singer during the Bends era. I have no idea what happened, but it thinned out into this whiny dog whistle of a voice after OK Computer. It's an acquired taste now.

Axver said:

I've never listened to Sigur Ros much. I love pre-BHAR Muse. Matt Bellamy gets it right. Thom Yorke sounds like three cats being strangled.

You didn't like BHAR? I liked most of it. Not all of it. But most of it.

the tourist said:

I'm sleepy. Don't expect me to spell. :wink: Anyway, yeah. He also, though, likes a lot of stuff I'm sure you wouldn't. Though I'll soon be getting all of Joy Division's album's from him. And lots of Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Echo & The Bunnymen, Tears For Fears, etc. Oh and Ryan Adams' entire catalogue.

:lol: The only good band you mentioned there is Joy Division.

And don't believe the hype. Unknown Pleasures is so much better than Closer, it's not even funny.

LemonMelon said:

Man, he really was a great singer during the Bends era. I have no idea what happened, but it thinned out into this whiny dog whistle of a voice after OK Computer. It's an acquired taste now.

There was a story about how he hated his voice and chose to sing differently floating around....

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i suppose, but still. it was just so clichéd!! it was like "i'm gonna put on crash into me, let's make out." come on! put a little effort into it.

should i mention it wasn't until that moment i realised it was actually a date? the whole time before i thought he was gay :reject:

:lol: :lol: I went out with a guy a few times and then it just fizzled out, no loss there. Then he starts introducing me as his ex-girlfriend :eyebrow:

WTF

Axver said:

:lol: The only good band you mentioned there is Joy Division.

And don't believe the hype. Unknown Pleasures is so much better than Closer, it's not even funny.

Some of those were meant to be the things you wouldn't like that he does.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:grumpy: they're all good, except ryan adams.
Bonochick would disagree. I like the one Ryan Adams song I've heard. I believe it's called 'Love is Hell'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom