Microsoft Word Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
So I'm revamping my resume and I've added additional info at the end. When I do print preview everything shows up, then I print it and the last bit does not show up l :crazy:

What am I doing wrong :scream:

Dalton said:
I am heading into a meeting right now, but if you can't get it fixed you can email it to me and I will fix it.

chattaprince@yahoo.com

(junkmail addy - but I will find it)

You're awesome, thanks but I fixed it. All I did was change the paper size to legal and it all fit :huh: I have no clue why. but that worked. U2 fans are the best :hug:

Now if only I can find lots of places to send it to :| I've been soliciting companies and sending my resume to HR departments. I'd like to know what anybodys thoughts are on doing that, but it's the only way for me to get it over to some companies.

one, I work full time for a HelpDesk so this is what we do all day everyday (fun, fun). If you still need help, we can help you out, but I need a copy of the actual file. We take a look, fix it up, and send it back w/ an explaination.

lar3@calvin.edu

Did you get it fixed? I'm in HR, so let me know if I can help you in any way with the job thing?

Are you just out of school or back in the workforce again? It matters cause it will change how/what you highlight in your resume.

What industry are you looking at?

Dalton said:
Did you get it fixed? I'm in HR, so let me know if I can help you in any way with the job thing?

Are you just out of school or back in the workforce again? It matters cause it will change how/what you highlight in your resume.

What industry are you looking at?

I currently work in sales I have over 6 years experience(real estate) and I'm dying for a change. My true calling is the music/entertainment biz. I wrote a great cover letter so I'm just sending it out with my resume to the big companies. I've called and got names and fax numbers for the HR contacts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

Great. Couple of questions:

1. Did you get the resume to format correctly?

2. What exactly are you looking to do in the music/entertainment biz?

3. Where are you located? (This is actually a strategic question - not some cheesy pickup line:wink: )

4. Seriously, if you want help on your resume, I would be glad to help. I understand that is a little personal and weird - but if you changed your name and contact info we could get around that.

I'm here to help.

Hehe, this thread reminds me of the other day when my bf found this great job and it took him, me his mom, and his dad to write the cover letter. He better get the job!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Hehe, this thread reminds me of the other day when my bf found this great job and it took him, me his mom, and his dad to write the cover letter. He better get the job!

Writing a good resume and cover letter is harder than people like to admit. I often hire people INSPITE of their resume.....:(

Dalton said:

Writing a good resume and cover letter is harder than people like to admit. I often hire people INSPITE of their resume.....:(

Yeah, it was for a Student Life position here at Calvin, just a temporary thing, which is great b/c he wants a new job, but can't commit for more than a year and a half. Anyway, I was the grammar Nazi and she-who-has-taken-classes-on-business-writing, his dad thought of some good wording (but nothing that's not Phil's personality), and his mom helped get the "spiritual" part right (Chrisitan college...student life...you know).

The resume we did with a Word wizard and I check the formatting and consistency in his wording and I think it came out great, especially since he's a perfect candidate for the job regardless of his resume/cover letter.

Anyway...

Dalton said:
Great. Couple of questions:

1. Did you get the resume to format correctly?

2. What exactly are you looking to do in the music/entertainment biz?

3. Where are you located? (This is actually a strategic question - not some cheesy pickup line:wink: )

4. Seriously, if you want help on your resume, I would be glad to help. I understand that is a little personal and weird - but if you changed your name and contact info we could get around that.

I'm here to help.

I sent the resume to my friend, I'm waiting to see if she can fix it.

I would be interested in learning/working within the major label functions or the marketing sales aspect, I'm not too sure yet. Even Spin or Rolling Stone mag would be great. :)

I'm in New York :wink:

Dalton said:

I'm here to help.

I sent you my cover letter to start, it took me about 2 days to do...Subject line is cover letter :wink: I'd love an outside opinion.

Back
Top Bottom