Mick Jagger quote....what a joke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
Check out this Mick Jagger quote from Rolling Stone Magazine:

"I don't want to be one of those bands that just does the hits."
-Mick Jagger

After I read it I laughed my ass off.

Yeah, I went to a show last week, and they just played the Dirty Work album twice and went home. You've got to admire a band with principles.

While The Stones indeed play many of their classics songs a lot (Start Me Up, Satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash, Brown Sugar, Street Fighting Man, Tumbling Dice...) they still play a whole lot of songs that the general public aren't so familiar with like Shattered, Bitch, All Down The Line, Live With Me, Heartbreaker, The Worst, Memory Motel, Neighbours, Hand Of Faith, Worried About You, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Hang Fire, She's So Cold (a hit when released but also a song that wasn’t played live in 20 years) among others. Their set lists are awesome and just for this tour (and without even counting the new songs) they have rehearsed around 43 songs (one of them being Sway for example that was never played live before).

typhoon said:
Yeah, I went to a show last week, and they just played the Dirty Work album twice and went home. You've got to admire a band with principles.
I so much wish they would play One Hit To The Body. :sad:

The Stones can do whatever they want. You know why? They are The Stones.

Playing tunes like All Down The Line or Monkey Man is absolutely nuts, they really treat their fans live. U2 can learn many lessons on mixing it up from the ol' geezers.

MumblingBono said:

Playing tunes like All Down The Line or Monkey Man is absolutely nuts, they really treat their fans live. U2 can learn many lessons on mixing it up from the ol' geezers.
Monkey Man! :drool: That was a sweet treat indeed. :drool:

If you know anything about the Stones live, then the original post is the joke.

So what if The Stones play a lot of hits? How many people on this board have flat-out attacked U2 for not playing enough hits? Bands can't win. If you play older stuff, you're living in the past and need to quit. If you play newer stuff, you're being disrespectful to both your fan and past. I think what matters most is the show you put on and after 40 years, I'd say The Stones have very few unhappy customers.

MumblingBono said:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom