Michigan City, Indiana, United States of America, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, that sucks.

Well, I've come to realize that no matter what I do, my life is going to be dictated by my autistic brother. I might as well break up with Dave because even if tings get serious, hell, if we get married, i'll still have to spend about, oh, 70% of my waking hours taking care of my brother, at my mother's house. The rest of the time, I'll be at work. I won't get to see him any more than I do now. So I'm just going to nip this in the bud and carry on. Working a job I hate, taking care of a brother I resent, and generally being unhappy for the rest of my life.

No, no, this is not the way to do things! Even if there doesn't seem to be an easy solution on the horizon, don't rob yourself of what happiness and good times you CAN get.

Well, I've come to realize that no matter what I do, my life is going to be dictated by my autistic brother. I might as well break up with Dave because even if tings get serious, hell, if we get married, i'll still have to spend about, oh, 70% of my waking hours taking care of my brother, at my mother's house. The rest of the time, I'll be at work. I won't get to see him any more than I do now. So I'm just going to nip this in the bud and carry on. Working a job I hate, taking care of a brother I resent, and generally being unhappy for the rest of my life.

:(

That's horrible.

:hug:

Whaaaa :no:

4AM IS YOUR FRIEND. So is 5am!!

Never!

Oh man. :depressed:
I really hardly know what to say. I mean, I assume that Dave knows all about your brother. And if he understands and all, wouldn't it be better to at least see him a bit of the time and be happy in that time? I can see how the problem would get bigger as you guys got more serious, but damn, it seems such a shame to give him up right now when he's at least making you happy when you do get to see him...:hug:

No, no, this is not the way to do things! Even if there doesn't seem to be an easy solution on the horizon, don't rob yourself of what happiness and good times you CAN get.

This, Reggo, This!

I mean if you still love him, there's no reason to break it off. I'm assuming you probably have, but have you talked to him about how you feel about the whole situation you're in?

I don't know what else to do. I really don't.

You answered "yes" to 72 of 120 questions, making you 40.0% superthread pure (60.0% superthread corrupt).

Vlad n U 2: 82.5%
Angela Harlem: 70.8%
cobl04: 62.5%
bono_man2002: 51.7%
liamcool: 46.7%
Reggo: 40.0%
The Sad Punk: 36.7%
Slopsy: 35.8%
Alisaura 34.2%
bono_212, coolian2: 24.2%
KhanadaRhodes: 21.7%
Axver: 10.8%

Ha, Reggo is the first to come out with a whole number score.

I mean if you still love him, there's no reason to break it off. I'm assuming you probably have, but have you talked to him about how you feel about the whole situation you're in?

Yeah, I was going to post this too.

And Reggo, where's your mother in all this? I've always got the impression you're taking on some of her responsibility.

Ok, yeah, 5am pretends to be your friend and then stabs you in the back when you have to wake up at 9am!

I think the only time I've had good times at 5am is when I've watched the sun rise in Queensland after staying up all night, then been able to sleep through to the afternoon.

Though even that's cocked up my sleeping patterns something fierce.

You know what's really weird, people?

I actually had a dream about U2 last night.

The South American leg was announced for April with gigs in the three usual suspects, Uruguay, and Peru. Followed by some random dates in east Asia.

I think my dreams do U2's touring schedule better than U2 do their touring schedule.

This, Reggo, This!

I haven't. I can't until he's finished with school. That's the last thing he needs with how stressed he is already. But what's going to keep us together once he gets a teaching job, since I've heard through the grapevine he's possibly going out of state? I can't just pack up and leave with him (well, I could) and leave my mom without a caretaker for my brother.

... and leave my mom without a caretaker for my brother.

What sort of services does the government offer over your way? I know it's shittier than in social democracies and stuff, but is there anything?

Yeah, I was going to post this too.

And Reggo, where's your mother in all this? I've always got the impression you're taking on some of her responsibility.

Since my brother was six weeks old, I have been his sole caretaker and my life has revolved around him. I work late shifts at entry-level jobs, I can't go to school, I pay my mother rent to live in my own house so I can take care of my violently aggressive autistic brother.

What sort of services does the government offer over your way? I know it's shittier than in social democracies and stuff, but is there anything?

A monthly pittance in social security money. Barely covers groceries for a week.

Or we can put him in an institution.

Since my brother was six weeks old, I have been his sole caretaker and my life has revolved around him. I work late shifts at entry-level jobs, I can't go to school, I pay my mother rent to live in my own house so I can take care of my violently aggressive autistic brother.

This is harsh. What's your mother doing in all of this? It seems so unfair that it's all come to you.

I haven't. I can't until he's finished with school. That's the last thing he needs with how stressed he is already. But what's going to keep us together once he gets a teaching job, since I've heard through the grapevine he's possibly going out of state? I can't just pack up and leave with him (well, I could) and leave my mom without a caretaker for my brother.

Damn, this is a tough situation.

In the end though Reggo, its about what makes you happy. and I guess whatever works best for everyone else is a bit more secondary. ...(If you see my point, I know your brother requires care....its too expensive to have a carer help look after him?

I'm sorry if I'm not being helpful, and I have to go drop my sister down the street cause my mum is too hungover :cute:

:wave:

Tell your mother it's HER turn to look after him now.

A monthly pittance in social security money. Barely covers groceries for a week.

Or we can put him in an institution.

Wow, that's fucked up. I assume some sort of private carer would cost a fucking fortune to hire ...

This is harsh. What's your mother doing in all of this? It seems so unfair that it's all come to you.

Working her 7-4:30 job that she hates, and trying to make ends meet.

I'm sorry if I'm not being helpful, and I have to go drop my sister down the street cause my mum is too hungover :cute:

:wave:

I initially read this as your sister being too hungover, which wouldn't surprise me after the last couple of nights. :laugh:

Hehe. $20 is easy to burn.

In my wish list I have

The XX - XX
Paul Dempsey - Everything Is True
Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind

Paul Dempsey & Ben Harper are only $10.49!

Bargains. :cute:

You know what's really weird, people?

I actually had a dream about U2 last night.

The South American leg was announced for April with gigs in the three usual suspects, Uruguay, and Peru. Followed by some random dates in east Asia.

I think my dreams do U2's touring schedule better than U2 do their touring schedule.

And Eno didn't design my house properly! :madwife:

Tell your mother it's HER turn to look after him now.

Wow, that's fucked up. I assume some sort of private carer would cost a fucking fortune to hire ...
She constantly tells me how much she hates taking time off and being home alone with him because he's so hard to deal with some days. I just nod and say nothing.

Exactly.

Shame Jen's not around ... we're probably all talking out of our arses while she actually knows her stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom