Michael Hutchence Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Since I've always loved this band and now with that crappy TV show on, I've been in an even bigger INXS mood and I feel the need to pay hommage to Michael himself....Feel free to play :)

mike10.jpg

contemplation.jpg

:sigh:

:drool:

The tv show sparked my curiousity and I've just started to listen to INXS, I never really heard them until a few days ago(except the really popular songs that I knew)...they were great.

INXS - first ever concert I went to :drool:
was front row and the man held my hand during Mystify :hyper:
Material Issue was the opener - we got backstage at Riverport in STL and met Micheal Hutchence - he was so very cool to a bunch of giggling 16 year old girls- actually very sweet and appropriate considering our age

must have been around 1993 - just wanted to share the story - will have to see if I can dig up some pictures

nurse chrissi said:
INXS - first ever concert I went to :drool:
was front row and the man held my hand during Mystify :hyper:
Material Issue was the opener - we got backstage at Riverport in STL and met Micheal Hutchence - he was so very cool to a bunch of giggling 16 year old girls- actually very sweet and appropriate considering our age

:combust:

:faint:

I never got to see INXS in concert, but I have very vivid memories of sitting in front of my TV watching the video for "Need You Tonight" and not being able to take my eyes off the screen. :drool:

:bow: Hutch :angel:

Loved.that.man!!!!! :heart: :heart: One of the great disappointments in my life to this point is that I never got to see them perform in person. :(
Much like our B, Michael Hutchence had enough charisma and charm for 10 men. I still think his death is one of the saddest tragedies in rock history. :tsk: Maybe now though, he has the peace he seemed to be looking for. :shrug:

I was a bit of a fan very early on, loved "the Loved One", danced around my bedroom to "Stay Young" but when I first saw the vid for "Original Sin" I was hooked. :love: They looked so different to any other (mainstream) Aussie band at the time, and Michael had so much charisma. They were a definite cut above. :up:

:(

I still remember my first memory of seeing Michael Hutchence...on TV, unfortunately...never had the chance in person. I also still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I learned of his death. I was absolutely devastated. What a loss. :sad:

:heart:

Great singer and an amazing performer
Had so much charm and charisma
One of the greatest frontmen in the history of rock
His loss has been such a tragedy

INXS was such a great great band
i love them!

I interviewed Michael and Tim Farriss in Atlantic Records' NY office in the summer of 1984. Michael was very quiet and shy and physically beautiful. One of my great regrets is that I had to be so professional when I met him...for many, many years afterward I wished I'd been a little bold. I would have been a little more of a flirt...! To be in a room with this beautiful man...it was definitely one of the most memorable events of my writing career.

You know, this ridiculous reality show might have a positive effect after all. It might draw people to INXS' back catalogue, and a new generation might get into their music. With Michael Hutchence as the lead vocalist.

Diane L said:

You know, this ridiculous reality show might have a positive effect after all. It might draw people to INXS' back catalogue, and a new generation might get into their music. With Michael Hutchence as the lead vocalist.

I suppose that's one way to look at it, if one wants to find a bright side. But the whole thing still just seems so wrong to me. :sigh:

I'm a sucker for "reality" TV...I've watched lots of those shows...but I am not watching this one.

Diane L said:
I interviewed Michael and Tim Farriss in Atlantic Records' NY office in the summer of 1984. Michael was very quiet and shy and physically beautiful. One of my great regrets is that I had to be so professional when I met him...for many, many years afterward I wished I'd been a little bold. I would have been a little more of a flirt...! To be in a room with this beautiful man...it was definitely one of the most memorable events of my writing career.

I think you have my dream job! Who do you work for?

Great stories nursechrissi and Diane - I'm so jealous! One of the few bands I never got to see (never really had the opportunity)

Back
Top Bottom