Michael Hutchence Appreciation Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #21
War Child
 
Nube Gris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 759
Local Time: 10:37 AM
Great singer and an amazing performer
Had so much charm and charisma
One of the greatest frontmen in the history of rock
His loss has been such a tragedy

INXS was such a great great band
i love them!
__________________

Nube Gris is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 08:16 AM   #22
Neon Zebra
 
beegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: southern nevada
Posts: 10,607
Local Time: 03:37 AM
i was lucky enough to see them on the kick tour
__________________

beegee is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 06:37 AM
He was the sexiest front man ever and can never be replaced. I was so jealous of my friends who were able to see the Kick tour.
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Diane L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
Posts: 8,864
Local Time: 06:37 AM
I interviewed Michael and Tim Farriss in Atlantic Records' NY office in the summer of 1984. Michael was very quiet and shy and physically beautiful. One of my great regrets is that I had to be so professional when I met him...for many, many years afterward I wished I'd been a little bold. I would have been a little more of a flirt...! To be in a room with this beautiful man...it was definitely one of the most memorable events of my writing career.

You know, this ridiculous reality show might have a positive effect after all. It might draw people to INXS' back catalogue, and a new generation might get into their music. With Michael Hutchence as the lead vocalist.
Diane L is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #25
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diane L

You know, this ridiculous reality show might have a positive effect after all. It might draw people to INXS' back catalogue, and a new generation might get into their music. With Michael Hutchence as the lead vocalist.
I suppose that's one way to look at it, if one wants to find a bright side. But the whole thing still just seems so wrong to me.

I'm a sucker for "reality" TV...I've watched lots of those shows...but I am not watching this one.
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,541
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick


I suppose that's one way to look at it, if one wants to find a bright side. But the whole thing still just seems so wrong to me.

one4u2 is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,541
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diane L
I interviewed Michael and Tim Farriss in Atlantic Records' NY office in the summer of 1984. Michael was very quiet and shy and physically beautiful. One of my great regrets is that I had to be so professional when I met him...for many, many years afterward I wished I'd been a little bold. I would have been a little more of a flirt...! To be in a room with this beautiful man...it was definitely one of the most memorable events of my writing career.

You know, this ridiculous reality show might have a positive effect after all. It might draw people to INXS' back catalogue, and a new generation might get into their music. With Michael Hutchence as the lead vocalist.
I think you have my dream job! Who do you work for?
one4u2 is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,894
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Great stories nursechrissi and Diane - I'm so jealous! One of the few bands I never got to see (never really had the opportunity)
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 11:18 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Saracene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia, some time after tea
Posts: 6,325
Local Time: 10:37 AM
I can't say I'm a huge INXS fan... but Michael Hutchence was, without a doubt, an amazing performer and a real-deal Rock God, dripping with charisma, swagger and sex appeal,
Saracene is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #30
New Yorker
 
#1bonofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where a crowd has gathered in black & white
Posts: 2,800
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Michael was freaking amazing! I loved his voice. Sad day when he died. He would be rolling over in his grave if he knew about this stupid ass t.v. show. I am so hacked off about this! They have made a mockery of INXS.
#1bonofan is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,541
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene
I can't say I'm a huge INXS fan... but Michael Hutchence was, without a doubt, an amazing performer and a real-deal Rock God, dripping with charisma, swagger and sex appeal,
Well said
one4u2 is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 30,150
Local Time: 10:37 AM
I always loved Michael&thought he was sexy and i luckily saw them pretty close-up at Glasgow Barrowlands in '93&they were ace!
susanp6 is offline  
Old 07-14-2005, 10:16 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Diane L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
Posts: 8,864
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2


I think you have my dream job! Who do you work for?
I used to edit a teen magazine many years ago, and I also wrote for a couple of rock magazines. I no longer have those connections, though.
Diane L is offline  
Old 07-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,541
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diane L


I used to edit a teen magazine many years ago, and I also wrote for a couple of rock magazines. I no longer have those connections, though.

I would love to do that oh well!
__________________

one4u2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×