METEOR STORM!!! North America: early morning Sunday, Nov. 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
The Leonid meteor shower peaks early Sunday morning, Nov. 18, best viewed between midnight and dawn. If you are able to get away from bright city lights, the show is forecast to be spectacular this year, with possibly 3000 meteors (shooting stars) per hour. It's truly an awesome sight if you get to see it!

Check this website for more info on viewing:
http://www.leonidstorm.com/

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

http://www.geocities.com/u2austin2001/U2AustinTX.html

I'm looking forward to this!

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

I usually view this one every year, along with the Perseid shower.
I can never get away from the city lights, but i can always still see a few of them. So itll still be cool.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

No city lights, no leonid shower on view either; 100%cloud cover. Hope you have better luck over/up there. We did have spectacular lightening all night, but still...I missed it.
**cass gives ABEL a clear morning sky as a belated b'day gift**

I saw it beautifully, see what I wrote in the other thread...I've never watched anything quite like that before.

Of course, still being more or less in the city (though at a dark golf course) I only saw a few a minute. I did wonder what it would be like hundreds of miles from cities--the sky raining meteors? What I saw was quite spectacular enough for me, though.

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 11-18-2001).]

We had too much fog to see anything.
frown.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Lucky I work the night shift for once... I was able to see some of it. I'm smack in the middle of Boston, but on the 1oth floor with a great view of the skyline. With the lights and everything though... I saw 9 shooters ...
biggrin.gif

Someone posed a good question though... can you wish on them if you know ahead of time that they're coming??

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Back
Top Bottom