MERGED ---> Zwan + Hear Zwan on Mtv.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Zwan

So I finally looked into Zwan, Billy Corgan's new band. I have to say that I really like what I've heard, they have some of the songs available to listen to on www.Zwan.com . Just open the Zwan player thing, there are like 4 songs there, and the video for the single, Honestly. Rolling Stone gave this album 4 stars, what do you know, finally another solid album by Billy Corgan it sounds like!

The album was leaked and I was able to DL a couple of songs before it went down, the 14 minute "Jesus I Mary Star of The Sea" is one hell of a song. Tuesday is going to be a great day. I'm looking forward to it more since I've heard how many jaded old-SP fans are really surprised by how good it is.

i haven't had any access to downloading stuff yet, so i've only heard "honestly" on the radio, but i really really like it. i can't wait to hear the other stufff

what's this i hear about their single having a live track with them covering iron maiden's "number of the beast"? or was that another band? i could have sworn the radio dj was talking about zwan, but i don't really know...i hate the radio...

daisybean said:
I listened to some of the songs they had on their site....

I dunno...it may have to take a while for it to sink in for me....
:shrug:

Actually I don't really care for the single, "Honestly" too much. It sounds like he's trying too hard to be happy or something. I dunno

i believe, i believe, i believe,
i believe, the love you talk about with me, is it true? do i care?
honestly, you can try, to wipe the memories aside,
but its you, that you erase

'cause theres no place i could be without you,
its too far to discard the life i once knew,
honestly, all the weather storms i bring,
are just a picture of my needs

cause when i think of you as mine,
and allow myself the time,
to lean into the life we want, i feel love, honestly,
i feel love, cause honestly...

i believe, you mean the best that life can bring, i believe in it all
honestly, you can try, your heart is just as long as mine, is it ours to let go?

'cause theres no place i could be without you,
its too dark to discard the life i once knew, honestly,
a single wrong is not enough,
to cover up the pain in us

'cause when i think of you as mine, and allow myself the time,
to lean into the life we want, i feel love, honestly,
i'll make a joke so you must laugh,
i'll break your heart so you must ask,
"is this the way to get us back?",
i dont know, honestly,
i dont know, 'cause honestly...

theres no place that i could be without you, honestly
theres no place that i could be without you
theres no place that i could be without you, honestly

I didnt like Honestly at all when I first heard it a few months ago, I just thought it sounded like a tired old SP song. For some reason I cant get enough of it the last few days though! It won me over.

i thought honestly was an old pumpkins song the first time i heard it, but there was more of something and less of something else (something in the way it sounded that made it sound just different enough though i'm not sure what exactly) so i figured it wasn't...

i don't like it for the words. i'll need to hear it a few more times before i even know any of the words (or just commit monavox's last post to memory).

so this comes out the 27th? A bit slammed at work and have fallen behind. I am excited about it. I actually had a major craving for SP last week in anticipation of this release.

Just finished watching them play Honestly on Letterman, and I love the fact that Jimmy was playing the exact drums that I have.

P.S. They were on Letterman tonight.

(Oh I guess I should have said so before, but I forgot.)

I HAVE IT

I LOVE LOCAL RECORD STORES!! I got the *limited edition* today w/ a bonus DVD with LOADS of stuff. I haven't watched it yet, but the CD is grrrrrrreat

Re: I HAVE IT

UnforgettableLemon said:
I LOVE LOCAL RECORD STORES!! I got the *limited edition* today w/ a bonus DVD with LOADS of stuff. I haven't watched it yet, but the CD is grrrrrrreat

How much did it cost you? Stupid local stores, tell me which store so I can report them. :mad:

Re: Re: I HAVE IT

Johnny Swallow said:

How much did it cost you? Stupid local stores, tell me which store so I can report them. :mad:

22 bucks. And most of the record companies know they do this, because they've gotten in trouble for it before. They don't get fined or anything, it's just they'll hold back some artists and won't ship their CDs to them until 4 or 5 days later than the release everywhere else.

Anyone buy it yet? I'm trying to decide if I should go get it right now or not.

yeah i'm trying to figure out whether i should get a haircut or the cd...i need a haircut, i looks like an escaped convict...

Yeah, but you sure look good in that tophat, hehe. jk. Anyone know EXACTLY what's on the dvd? I'm wondering if it's really worth a couple extra bucks to me.

I honestly don't know why I pre order things:censored:
I preordered Zwan...and I just got an email now saying that they shipped it. I probably won't get it until freakin Monday. :madspit: :hyper:
I want that cd in my hand NOW.:drool:
I heard the world album premiere...and needless to say...:drool:

u2popmofo said:
Yeah, but you sure look good in that tophat, hehe. jk. Anyone know EXACTLY what's on the dvd? I'm wondering if it's really worth a couple extra bucks to me.

:lol:

*adapts a new york accent specifically for this post*

why thank you! *tips hat*

Hear the whole Zwan album on Mtv.com

Just thought I'd let everyone know they have the whole thing on that first listen thing on MTV.com right now. Go check it out, or face my wrath...

You can also listen to a cd of a pretty cool band called The All American Rejects, check out their song, Swing, Swing.

Last edited:
Go listen my top hat wearing, axe weilding, New Yorker friend.

Last edited:
they're knives. knives and a meatcleaver. i'm a butcher, not a lumberjack!

Good call, I must have not been paying much attention in that movie. Please dont kill me my butcher friend.

Back
Top Bottom